The X-files

Eve
Episode: 1X10
First aired: 12/10/93
Written by: Kenneth Biller and Chris Brancato
Directed by: Fred Gerber

Mulder and Scully investigate when a man named Joel Simmons is found dead in his backyard, his body drained of blood, and his face disfigured.
Mulder at first links the incident to mysterious cattle mutilations that have occurred in the United States since 1967.

Mulder and Scully interview the 8 year old daughter of Simmons, Teena, who was home when her dad was killed. Teena describes how "men from the clouds" were after her father.

Soon they hear of another incident, almost identical in nature, involving a man named Doug Reardon. Mulder and Scully are shocked when they meet Reardon's daughter, Cindy, who appears to be identical to Teena.

Meanwhile Teena seems to have been kidnapped from the foster home she was at.

Scully finds that Mrs. Reardon had had in-vitro fertilization at a clinic in San Fransico, and that tampering with the genetics may have happened.

Deep Throat contacts Mulder. He reveals the existence of a top secret program called the "Litchfield Experiment," in which a group of genetically controlled children were raised and monitored. The children were called "Adam" and "Eve".

Mulder and Scully track one girl, dubbed "Eve Six" to a mental institution who looks exactly like Sally Kendrick, a women who worked in the fertilization lab. This Eve admits that two other Eves besides herself are still alive.

Mulder and Scully realize that the experiments were still going on and Kendrick was cloning herself. Meanwhile Cindy is also kidnapped by an Eve. She takes the girl to a motel and introduces her to Teena. Both little girls knew of the other's existence and have a connection between the two to know when to kill their fathers.
The older Eve wants to protect the two girls so they wont suffer the same mental disorder that all the rest of the Eves have. However, the two girls poison her drink.

Mulder and Scully find the two girls crying about an Eve coming and killing the Eve that took them.

They take the two girls in their car and stop to use the rest room and get a soda. Mulder orders 4 sodas, 2 diet for himself and Scully. While he is not looking one of the girls comes out and poisons the two diet sodas. Mulder realizes the drinks have been tampered with and stops Scully from drinking her soda. The girls, realizing that their plan has been discovered run away and hide in the dark parking lot. Mulder grabs them but they scream for help and a trucker gets them away from Mulder. The girls run away but Mulder and Scully find them hiding in a boat.

We see the girls in separate cells next to another Eve.

Important Quotes: Scully -- "Death by hypovolaemia. 95% blood loss. That's over 4 liters of blood."
Mulder -- "I'd say the man was running on empty."

Scully -- "Mulder, you're rushing me out of the room."
Mulder -- "No, I'm not."
Scully -- "You got a girl coming over?"
Mulder -- "What's a girl?"

Previous Episode|Next Episode

Back to The X-files: Season 1



The first woman, created to be a helpmate to Adam the first man. Eve is oftened blamed for the Fall and for tricking Adam into eating the fruit (which most people imagine as an apple) of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. People accuse her both of being weak, easily manipulated for giving into the serpent and of seducing Adam into eating the fruit too, and causing the downfall of humanity, and its exile from paradise. She is supposedly the mother of all of us, and specifically of three sons Cain, Abel and Seth.

Real name: Eve Jihan Jeffers

Only female member of the Ruff Ryder family. The Philadelphia native and Sunni Muslim was already well known in local circles before being approached by Dr. Dre to do a demo for a song that later appeared on the Bulworth soundtrack.

Eventually, she hooked up with DMX and joined the rap collective known as the Ruff Ryders. Her first solo album "Ruff Ryders First Lady" debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Music Charts when it was released in 1999.

The close cropped roughneck sex symbol stands out in hip-hop circles because she is one of the few female MCs (Roxanne Shante, MC Lyte, Queen Latifah being some of the others) that can hold her own in the male dominated, often misogynistic world of rap music. Her lyrics touch on everything from love and sex to domestic violence and self-respect.

Just an addition to alvieboy's writeup:

In some religious traditions/mythology, Eve is not the first woman on Earth.  First God created Adam, then Lilith.  However, Lilith was a little too "uppity" for God and Adam's tastes.  She wanted to be the sexually dominate one -- she wanted to be on top.

She ignored God's commands to be subservient to Adam, so God reduced her to a pile of dust.  God then put Adam to sleep and took one of his ribs and made Eve out of it.  Since Eve was of Adam (or dependent on him for her very existence) she was much more tame and followed Adam and God.  Well, at least until that forbidden fruit thing..

Eve (?), n. [See Even, n.]

1.

Evening.

[Poetic]

Winter oft, at eve resumes the breeze. Thomson.

2.

The evening before a holiday, -- from the Jewish mode of reckoning the day as beginning at sunset. not at midnight; as, Christians eve is the evening before Christmas; also, the period immediately preceding some important event.

"On the eve of death."

Keble.

Eve churr Zool, the European goatsucker or nightjar; -- called also night churr, and churr owl.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.