GETRAG GmbH are the transmission masters of Germany. Since 1935, they have been producing original equipment and aftermarket transmissions for the automotive industry. They have factories and subsidiary companies in Germany, America, Sweden, Italy, China, India, and Japan. The Getrag corporate group made almost 2 billion Euros (roughly $2.4 billion) of sales during 2003. Not bad numbers for such a specialized company.

Where can you find a Getrag transmission? Well, for starters, try some of the greatest cars on earth. The Porsche 911 Turbo and GT3 racer,the BMW M3, the Ford Focus SVT and ST170, the MINI Cooper S, the Nissan Skyline GT-R, and the Toyota Supra Turbo all use OE Getrag transmissions. They're also found in the small, unusual, or downright mundane. The Harley-Davidson V-Rod and the Volkswagen Passat TDI all use Getrag transmissions, and various Kia models use Getrag synchros. (sideways adds the stock Supra 6-speed will handle more than 700 horsepower without problems!)

Getrag shows their aspirations clearly in their corporate motto, "We do it better." The subsidiaries of Getrag Corporation, Getrag SynchronTechnik GmbH, Getrag S.p.A., Getrag Innovations GmbH, Getrag Driveline Systems GmbH, and Getrag All Wheel Drive AB are all united under the Getrag meshing gears logo. In addition, Getrag Ford Transmissions GmbH produces transmissions and drivetrain systems as a 50-50 venture between Getrag and Ford Motor Company of Europe. Getrag: Wir machen's besser.


http://www.getrag.de

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.