explanation of very old picture :
Early screen shot (March 19, 2000) of Java Chatterbox in action. Note how login isn't supported yet, time stamping wasn't created, URLs weren't converted into ASCII (example:
%20 instead of a space), and there was no word-wrapping.
The code in the background is for class
The numbers in the background are debugging output that show how many milliseconds the get-message thread will wait until it tries to get messages again; the numbers are based on how many new messages there are. (This can still be activated when debug mode is on by typing
debug on ThreadIncoming.) If you are interested in writing your own Everything client, see the clientdev usergroup.
features (like eyes, nose, etc.) taken from 3 similar pictures, with each "cut-out" having some image filter done to it
Getting back to E2 after being gone for a bit (mid-July 2008). Ack! So many messages!
Mommy makes me mash my M&Ms.
My Political Leanings (on E2, of course; what else is there?)
- pro-nodeshell-life (also know as 'pro-e2node-with-no-elements-in-the-group-field', but that is a little verbose)
- anti-anti-voting (mostly against downvoting; I send a /msg to the author if a writeup is bad)
Public service announcement:
- If you have a question about your writeup[s], you can ask an editor.
- if you have any questions about the power structure of Everything 2, you can visit the power structure of Everything 2.
- To learn some HTML, E2 HTML tags shows you how to use all the HTML allowed on Everything. (Or, if you prefer everything on 1 page, visit this large version.)
- I'm now a server admin, so be nice to me, or I'll make your theme ugly. :)
programming languages I know are
Java (my current favorite)
Perl (Learning it more deeply, partially with help from Perl Monks)
C++ (what an icky language, though - it feels so archaic)
some BASIC flavors: C64, TI-82, VB 3
If you want to contact me, try
/msg N-Wing Your message here. from the chatterbox or email me at:
hg7oce402 (AtSign) sneakemail (PeriodOrFullStop) com
Please no large attachments; they'll act like a superball and bounce.
Who wants a postcard from...
Instead of putting a writeup in a GTKY node that will be deleted, my address is here (but no spam or stalking me, or I'll get mad)
268 St. David Dr.
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054-2906
Nodevertising (but that is ok here, in your homenode) - these e2nodes all contain a writeup by me.