A group of lions. Think pack of wolves, pride of lions.

Bass Guitar Tabulature for U2's Pride
Pulled from Olga
    From: viking@powerup.com.au (David Taylor)
    To: dwm3@po.cwru.edu
    Subject: bass tab: u2: pride(in the name of love)
    Date: Tue, 10 Dec

    
    U2 - "Pride(In the Name of Love)" - Bass Tab
    
    Intro:
    |-----------------------------------|
    |*---------------------------------*|
    |*-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-*| (x4)
    |-----------------------------------|
       1 e & a 2 e & a 3 e & a 4 e & a
    
    Verse & Chorus:
    |-------------------------|-----------------------|
    |-------------------------|-----------------------|
    |-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|-----------------------|
    |-------------------------|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|
      1 & 2 e & 3 & a 4 e & a   1 & 2 & a 3 e & a 4 &
    
    |-------------------------|---------------------|(this rythm is
    |-------------------------|---------------------| only approx.
    |-------------------------|---------------------| rhythm is always 
    |-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-| changing)
      1 & 2 e & a 3 & a 4 e &   1 & 2 & 3 e & a 4 &
    
    Solo:
    |---------------------|---------------------------|
    |---------------------|---------------------------|
    |-2-2-2-0-1-2-0-2---2-|-5-5-5-3-4-5-5-3-5---5-5-5-|
    |---------------------|---------------------------|
      1 & 2 & a 3 & a 4 &   1 & 2 & a 3 e & a 4 e & a
    
    |---------------------|-----------------------|
    |-----2-0-1-2-0-1-2-2-|-----2-0-1-2-2-0-1-2---|
    |---------------------|---------------------0-|
    |-0-0-----------------|-0-0-------------------|
      1 & 2 & a 3 & a 4 &   1 & 2 & a 3 e & a 4 &
    
    By: Johari Taylor
    Email: viking@powerup.com.au
Back to the Everything Music Project
Se7en's Deadly Sins

Sunday
Again, over the bed, the word pride written in blood. A woman, laying in her bed, dead. Hung on the wall is what seems to be a charcoal drawing of her face, its deep and piercing eyes, a beautiful woman.

(Somerset) What have we got here?
(Mills) Sleeping pills glued to one hand, telephone glued to another.
(Somerset) You see what he did?
(Mills) He cut her up, and then bandaged her.
(Somerset) Call for help, and you'll live, but you'll be disfigured. Or you can put yourself out of your own misery.
(Forensic) He cut off her nose.
(Somerset) To spite her face.
(Forensic) And he did it very recently.

(John Doe) Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder any more. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer. Then you'll find you have their attention.

If only we could know a taste of the torture that filled the minds of these people who made the weaker choice, who proved their tormentor right by being feeble in their bravery, in being unable to shirk off what they deemed their responsibility, worth more than self-sacrifice, more than doing what's right. More than being a helpless pawn and a victim. We can even be proud in our humility, fluffing our feathers at how modest we are. While alone, in our homes, we may be pinching our faces or frowning upon our midsections, checking for flaws the world's spotlights have managed to miss for another day. And so our pride eclipses our humanity, passing over it as over so many bloated bodies on the shore. We often don't even realize it until someone points it out to us in such a way that we reveal it without even being aware, caught in the act of our pride.

Go back to:
Greed
Envy
Wrath
Lust
Gluttony
Sloth

Pride (?), n. [Cf. AS. lamprede, LL. lampreda, E. lamprey.] Zool.

A small European lamprey (Petromyzon branchialis); -- called also prid, and sandpiper.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pride, n. [AS. pr&ymac;te; akin to Icel. pr&ymac;&edh;i honor, ornament, pra to adorn, Dan. pryde, Sw. pryda; cf. W. prydus comely. See Proud.]

1.

The quality or state of being proud; inordinate self-esteem; an unreasonable conceit of one's own superiority in talents, beauty, wealth, rank, etc., which manifests itself in lofty airs, distance, reserve, and often in contempt of others.

Those that walk in pride he is able to abase. Dan. iv. 37.

Pride that dines on vanity sups on contempt. Franklin.

2.

A sense of one's own worth, and abhorrence of what is beneath or unworthy of one; lofty self-respect; noble self-esteem; elevation of character; dignified bearing; proud delight; -- in a good sense.

Thus to relieve the wretched was his pride. Goldsmith.

A people which takes no pride in the noble achievements of remote ancestors will never achieve anything worthy to be remembered with pride by remote descendants. Macaulay.

3.

Proud or disdainful behavior or treatment; insolence or arrogance of demeanor; haughty bearing and conduct; insolent exultation; disdain.

Let not the foot of pride come against me. Ps. xxxvi. 11.

That hardly we escaped the pride of France. Shak.

4.

That of which one is proud; that which excites boasting or self-gratulation; the occasion or ground of self-esteem, or of arrogant and presumptuous confidence, as beauty, ornament, noble character, children, etc.

Lofty trees yclad with summer's pride. Spenser.

I will cut off the pride of the Philistines. Zech. ix. 6.

A bold peasantry, their country's pride. Goldsmith.

5.

Show; ostentation; glory.

Pride, pomp, and circumstance of glorious war. Shak.

6.

Highest pitch; elevation reached; loftiness; prime; glory; as, to be in the pride of one's life.

A falcon, towering in her pride of place. Shak.

7.

Consciousness of power; fullness of animal spirits; mettle; wantonness; hence, lust; sexual desire; esp., an excitement of sexual appetite in a female beast.

[Obs.]

Pride of India, ∨ Pride of China. Bot. See Margosa. -- Pride of the desert Zool., the camel.

Syn. -- Self-exaltation; conceit; hauteur; haughtiness; lordliness; loftiness. -- Pride, Vanity. Pride is a high or an excessive esteem of one's self for some real or imagined superiority, as rank, wealth, talents, character, etc. Vanity is the love of being admired, praised, exalted, etc., by others. Vanity is an ostentation of pride; but one may have great pride without displaying it. Vanity, which is etymologically "emptiness," is applied especially to the exhibition of pride in superficialities, as beauty, dress, wealth, etc.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pride, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Prided; p. pr. & vb. n. Priding.]

To indulge in pride, or self-esteem; to rate highly; to plume; -- used reflexively.

Bp. Hall.

Pluming and priding himself in all his services. South.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pride, v. i.

To be proud; to glory.

[R.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.