W2K bug = W = WAITS

wabbit /wab'it/ n.

[almost certainly from Elmer Fudd's immortal line "You wascawwy wabbit!"] 1. A legendary early hack reported on a System/360 at RPI and elsewhere around 1978; this may have descended (if only by inspiration) from a hack called RABBITS reported from 1969 on a Burroughs 5500 at the University of Washington Computer Center. The program would make two copies of itself every time it was run, eventually crashing the system. 2. By extension, any hack that includes infinite self-replication but is not a virus or worm. See fork bomb and rabbit job, see also cookie monster.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Apollo
Model Number: AP2010
Rarity: 4 Scarce+
Year of Release: 1982
Programmer: Officially Uncredited (but thought to be Ed Salvo)

Ack! Wabbit Invasion! A wascally twoop of wabbits is wampaging through your garden! Hell bent on eating your carrots. A plan quickly comes to mind. You gwab a bucket full of wotten eggs and decide to teach those wily wabbits a lesson they will never forget! Its Wabbit for the Atai 2600.

This game could have just as easily been a space shooter if the graphics were different. You control a woman who moves left and right at the bottom of the screen. Ten rows of carrots fill the upper screen. Rabbits dash in quickly and grab them one or two at a time. Fire eggs at them to make them retreat without stealing a carrot.

This game ramps up in difficulty incredibly quick. Even level two is really hard. But there is one bug that makes this game really easy. Just protect your bottom carrot row and ignore the others. When only the bottom row is left, a single rabbit will dash down this same row again and again, with a regular pattern. You can sit in one spot and shoot him every time. Making it easy to get a really high score (easy but really boring). Don't do this if you want a real challenge.

From the manual

You are a farmer, named Billie Sue, trying to protect your crops. One patch in particular is giving you trouble. It's surrounded by ten holes from which wabbits dart into your field. Scare off the pesky creatures by throwing wotten eggs at them (they're in abundance this year and worth much less than good country carrots). The score on the left depicts the number of carrots the wabbits have snatched and deposited in their wabbit holes. The current carrot count increases every time a wabbit gets back into his hole with one of your carrots. Your score increases every time you wallop a wabbit with a wotten egg. It's an egg-citing experience.

Collectors Information

This title is worth around $5 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth even more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.