Rumor has it that green tea was supposedly discovered by the Chinese emperor Shen Nung in 2737 BC. Tea leaves from a nearby bush had snapped off their branches, and accidentally blew into his water bowl.

I picked up a package of Green Tea powder at the Japanese grocery store, and for shits and giggles, I did a little research on the stuff. I had remembered once hearing that Green Tea was pretty healthy.

I had no earthly idea just how healthy it is! Damn!

The main component of Green Tea is Catechins. Catechins are flavonoid phytochemical compounds with some serious ass-kicking antioxidant properties. Since Green Tea is made from unfermented tea leaves, the oxidation of catechins is minimal, so they can function as antioxidants. They really beat down the nasty shit in your body.

What does Green Tea do?

Research continues, and cool stuff about Catechins are being found every day.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, however. Green Tea contains Vitamin C which reduces stress, and helps to prevent and fight the flu. It has Vitamin B Complex which assists the carbohydrate metabolism, Flavonoids in general to strengthen blood vessel walls, Fluoride to help prevent cavities, and Vitamin E to help reduce and possibly reverse the effects of aging. Green tea has also been shown to lower intestinal fat absorption, protect the brain from oxidative stress, enhance memory and brain function by raising the levels of serotonin and/or dopamine in certain brain regions, the hypothalamus, hippocampus and striatum in particular. Green Tea also assists in detoxification to help to keep the kidneys healthy, and can aid in treating constipation. Green Tea polyphenols also inhibit the growth and adherence of oral bacteria, resulting in a dramitic decrease in plaque and bad breath. Recent studies have also found that Green Tea may even inhibit the replication of HIV and other viruses.

Plus, Caffeine is included at no extra charge !!

Green Tea has all these awesome health benefits, has caffeine, boosts energy, and tastes really really good! Why didn't I start drinking this stuff years ago? In any case, you can be damn sure I'm going to start drinking it regularly now.

Green Tea! Green Tea! Green Tea! Green Tea makes you strong! Strength crushes enemies! Green Tea!