Funagain is a distributor of board games on the web. In my opinion they are one of the best. They have an extensive catalog, including many imported games. Each import that is not sold in English is accompanied by an English copy of the rules, a very handy thing I might add. They carry games of all types, but for the browser or window shopper they have reviews and ratings of their games, in addition to sales rankings. This lets you see what games people like, or what are good sellers. Funagain also stocks award winning games, such as Germany's Spiel des Jahres, the game of the year. For those outside the board gaming industry, Germany is a major producer of quality board games.

I would highly recommend funagain.com to anybody shopping for miscellaneous games or looking to expand their selection. With good selection and good prices, they're hard to beat online. See what has won some recent awards and try it out. My gaming club at school has ordered from them numerous times (with university funding of course), and we have been very satisfied.

Note too, that Funagain started by acquiring used incomplete games, and cannibalizing them for parts to make whole games that could then be sold. They were a fantastic source of out of print games for quite a while. I understand that this part of their business has passed away since attaining their huge success as the premier game dealer on the web. But I will always be appreciative of their ability to put together a nice copy of Loopin' Louie for me when the game was pretty hard to find complete.

It's also nice to get the German imports promptly -- at a reasonable price and to get substantial discounts on the American games like Rio Grande's titles.

In recent news, famous game designer -- Alan R. Moon has joined Funagain as a partner. Alan worked at Avalon Hill back in the day, published a line of games under the name of White Wind, and received the Spiel Des Jahres for Elfenland in 1998.

Funagain has a good web presence, as well as a retail outlet in Ashland, Oregon. If you're looking for their web site, go to funagaingames.com

Similar businesses include Boulder Games out of Georgia and Fine Games, also in Oregon.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.