Rumor has it that Lemmy was ejected from Hawkwind for taking too many drugs. If this is true, it's got to be the most awe-inspiring achievement in the history of rock and roll.

When asked for advice about how to sing well, he (allegedly) once said "drink whiskey and shoot speed".

The gruff voiced bassist/vocalist/frontman of Motörhead, and former bassist for space rock band Hawkwind, was one of the most influential rockers ever. Apart from his music activities, which were catalogued elsewhere on Everything, he often appears in movies, such as Tromeo and Juliet and Airheads.

Ian "Lemmy" Fraser Kilmister passed away suddenly, only days after recieving a diagnosis of an aggressive brain cancer, on December 28, 2015.

Lemmy started out as a musician as early as 1964, and was briefly a roadie for Jimi Hendrix (luckily for Jimi, Lemmy kept the bus on the road no matter how high he was) before joining (as mentioned above) the acid heads of Hawkwind in 1971. The very next year he wrote their biggest hit "Silver Machine". In 1975 he was arrested in Canada for cocaine possession, but what he actually got was speed, and the Canadians had to release him. The rest of Hawkwind, though, did not like speed so he was kicked out of the band.
Lemmy is convinced Whisk(e)y is good for you: It stores up in your liver until no germs can survive there.
Also, he's known for kicking wannabe-stage divers off the stage, and chasing about 150 German rockabillies out some alley. "They don't deserve to be on stage," He says, "I do."
I have this curse: If I want to take someone somewhere nice to eat, it will ALWAYS end up being crap. Always. So we were in Portobello Road and I remembered Portobello Gold, a cool Pub/Restaurant/Oyster Bar where a friend used to work. It was always good and busy, but not crowded. And we were hungry enough to eat anything. So we went. It was jammed. It was smokey (suprisingly for London, eh?).

I asked the Australian barman if they had any menus. You know what he said to me? "Know any restaurants that don't?". Punk. And they had one vegetarian thing on the menu. One. So I had resigned myself to the fact that it was all going to suck until we left. Until a mysterious force pulled me towards the bathroom. Next thing I am face to face with the most famous mole in the world. The mole of which I speak is, of course, a rock legend in itself. This mole was pickled in whiskey. That mole was growing on the face of Lemmy.

He was casually propping up the corner of the bar where you would expect a rednosed pub victim to be. Rock legends don't prop up the corners of bars. I visibly staggered as I realised that light carrying my likeness had fallen upon the cornea of God. Then I sidled past him into the bathroom. I sent my girlfriend to the bathroom afterwards to see if she would recognise the three-moled Cerberus guarding the bathrooms, but she didn't. How anyone can NOT recognise Lemmy is beyond me.

He was hanging out with 2 other people: A girl of about 30 wearing a denim jacket with a Clash patch on the back, whom I think was Debi Mazar (Sandy in Goodfellas). The third was a middle aged Dad-looking guy, who I think might have been Nick Mason from Pink Floyd. Maybe.

Lemmy was drinking whiskey, of course. He was laughing at the Dad-looking guy, who was laughing at all the people in the pub who did double takes as they realised who Lemmy was. I considered sending him a whiskey, but then I thought that I would do the coolest, most punk rock thing ever: I walked out of the Portobello Gold without bugging the legend in the corner.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.