Let it be said that I have nothing against the film-makers of JP, or even Michael Crichton as I am a big fan of his books (I have all of them). But as someone who works at a dinosaur museum, I feel I am obligated to point out it's utter bull-shit.

  1. Only the Sauropods(brachiosaurus, etc) are from the jurassic period.
  2. Velociraptors were NOT 6 feet tall, they grew to a maximum of 50cm tall at the hips (their hightest body point). But do not fret, raptors still grew to cool sizes, Utahraptor grew to 2.5 - 3 METRES tall (much more impressive), and Megaraptor grew to a possible 6 metres (HOLY SHIT).
  3. Dilophosaurus was not a small, cute lizard, it was a 7-foot monster of a carnivore. Also, there is no evidence for a frill, or for poison(no birds are poisonous).
  4. One of the more important ones, T-rex doesn't run unless it ABSOLUTELY has to. Its arms cannot stop his neck breaking if he trips over. Why risk dying like Genghis Khan when you can scavenge or ambush? It cannot chase down a Jeep, as its top speed was only about 30 MPH. His senses were EXCELLENT, His frontal lobe(sight centre) is proportionately ENORMOUS, and he has these special spiral shaped bones in his nasal cavity (meaning he had a kick-arse sense of smell, able to distinguish species at great distance).

Fun movie, but they fucked up the science.