It's winter and there's a good amount of snow around. I'm driving around Amherst common early in the evening. I'm not sure what I was doing but I think I was on my way home. As I'm turning out of the parking lot closest to the town hall and on to the side street I see my wife standing on the street. This version of my wife, however, is a younger girl, maybe sixteen or seventeen. Instantly I know that there's something very bad happenning. In an instant I understand that by virtue of her being here, she is trying to warn me that the werewolves are back and that they are hunting us again.

For some reason there is something special about my wife and I during a special time before we were married. Somehow we are marked out in some mystical fashion. I think we even had some sort of undefinined magical potential, but even in the dream it was hard to recall what that special quality about us was. What I can recall is that there were some very brutal and evil werewolf type creatures that hunted us because of that special quality. I don't know how we evaded them the first time, or what changed me so that I was no longer special. I just knew that seeing the younger Leah meant that it was all starting again, and that I was in serious trouble.

I threw open the passenger's door and my young would-be-wife got in the car. She informed me that her older self was with our daughter, but that when she sensed the return of the werewolves she projected herself out to me. Somehow I understood that this younger woman was not an aspect of my wife, not just a simple part of her consciousness, or even a fragment of a whole. shewas in fact that very same woman from my past, but some how brought into the present time. I also knew that by virtue of being with her all of my old magic power came back. Even though i didn't really know how to use the magic, I started understanding how best to deal with the here and now threat of the werewolves.

Since the beasts were active at night, we decided that it would be best to drive to the nearest city, while avoiding anything like forests, back roads, or any unlit locations. Ultimately we decided to head towards Northampton. This was a good choice because the whole route there is lit, has dense traffic, and Northampton has a large enough new age population that we'd be able to find whatever supplies we'd need to defend ourselves from the werewolves.

We drove down route nine, but that part of the dream went by very quickly. We were discussing the best course of action. As we pulled into a resort apartment complex (more on this later) we came up with a brief plan. We'd get our old suite at the resort complex and place some very discreet protective agents into play while we gathered what we needed to kill the werewolves - which we obviously hadn't done the last time for some reason.

The apartment complex was a very normal looking townhouse style development. However the apartments were managed in a strange way. One unit consisted of a single entrance which led into a large common area. The common area was basically a larger kitchen, living room, mail center, and storage facility. There was also a very small lobby. From the lobby there were three to six doors that lead into suites that had from one to three rooms. I think that there was only one bathroom, but I never encountered it in the dream. There was a main phone line that was in the common space, but the suites themselves could be arrainged at whime by the inhabitants

My companion and I were the owners of our sweet, so we had a lot of leeway as to what we could do with it. Right off the bat we decided to get both wolfsbane and silverleaf potted plants to put outside the main door. I have no idea what the hell silverleaf is, but in my dream it looked like a generic leafy bush whose leaves were like narrow bay leaves, and the whole thing was silvery white. We also had popourri of varying grades made of the stuff to be put into the carpet, and left boiling on the stove. These wouldn't kill the werewolves. The wolfsbane would repel the monsters, like citrinella candels. The silverleaf would mask whatever mystical signature we gave off. Since these items were fairly common, in the dreamscape anyway, it wouldn't look terribly suspiscious for someone to decorate there house with them.

So somehow the planning stage became the doing stage, and the doing was done. The girl went off to town for some task, I can't remember what exactly, but it was related. By now you're wondering why I wasn't all making with the silver and specifically the silver bullets. Well, dreams are strange that way. We had to beat them with magic, that's all that we could do.

While the girl was out a neighbor stopped by. It was her sister-in-law Tina, whom of all of Leah's father's side of the family I like the most. Be that as it may, I couldn't let her know that her sister-in-law, my wife, and I were around. I didn't want to pass on any knowledge that we were around, I didn't want her to get caught up in it, and I though that she might be working for the monsters. Tina was very persistent. She looked in windows, she called on her cell, and she knocked and knocked. It occured to me as some of my mystical senses returned, that the Werewolves had a variety of powers available to them besides just the realy strong muscles, big teeth, and a predisposition to rending human flesh.

In the day time the werewolves could take on the form of people, mist, or be invisible. They didn't have many other magical powers, and they couldn't suddenly turn into a furry killing machine during the day, but they were very smart, and very crafty. As I thought about this I lay myself flat on the floor, up against the wall that had the window through which Tina was peeking into the house. Suddenly I felt the presence of nasty magic. I remember saying to myself, "She's going to lay low the barriers between us and her eyes will see only my flesh". I snaked the phone cord out of the wall, to kill the ringing that was making it hard to concentrate, and began to think myself undetectable. Tina left looking scared and pissed off. I wondered if she was working for the werewolves, or if she had been momentarily possesed.

So anyway, my girl came back from town, and we finished off various other preparation tasks. Lo and behold there was a knock on the door. There was an old couple that had reserved one of the small suites from us. We let them in, showed them around, and sort of forgot about them. I remember that they were creepy looking, like the old couple out of the David Lynch film Mulholland Drive, but we paid them no mind. I told my wife about the visit from Tina and she was worried. We resolved to check on Tina and her husband (my wife's half brother) Bruce to make sure they were okay. By logical deduction they of course were staying in a near by building. See previous statement about dreams being funny that way.

We decided to go and let our new tenants know that we really wouldn't be around much and to give them our contact info. When we went into the suite, there was nothing in the room bust a light mist evaporating out the window. We'd been had, and our defenses didn't work against their human forms. We hadn't taken into consideration that during the daylight their lack of magical potency would render our defenses impotent as well.

The dream fades away into wakefulness when we go to check Tina and Bruce. Tina was fully awake and dressed very business-sexy. Bruce is half asleep lying on the couch. The aparment smells strongly of sex and sweat. Tina is yelling at Bruce in a very wifey-naggy kind of way. I wake up feeling like I'd been set up.