Peter David is a self-described "Writer of Stuff". He's written comic books, Star Trek novels, and Babylon 5 TV episodes. He along with Bill Mumy of Lost in Space fame created a short-lived TV show called Space Cases. He has his very own USENET group called alt.fan.peter-david with a surprisingly high signal to noise ratio, and he posts regularly and includes other posters in his work.

Peter David is probably the only current author in the Star Trek literary franchise whose works are worth reading. He has an uncanny range, being able to write dead serious or hilarious, straight action-adventure or fannish linking and justification (where an author attempts to tie everything together in ways that make readers cringe with lesser authors)...and make it all worth reading and more. Imzadi is a wonderfully poignant story of time travel and love, loss, and return across the years; Q-in-Law and I, Q (with John De Lancie) are riotous comedies, and Q-Squared is such a deeply-layered puzzle box it makes your brain hurt to read it...and they're all good!

Which is more than can be said for most other Star Trek novel authors, whose sample chapters on Peanut Press read, more often than not, like bad fan fiction. Peter David always manages to rise above those. I really believe I need to read some of his non-Trek stuff.

The "Writer of Stuff" is also well known for his contributions to the comic book industry and to the Incredible Hulk mythos. In addition to an illustrious twelve-year run on the Marvel Comics title, he has also written the novel What Savage Beast and co-edited the emerald giant's short story collection.

In addition, he's created a new Star Trek series, appropriately named New Frontier, which can be found exclusively on print medium - novels and comic books. This series, which chronicles the adventures of the USS Excalibur, captained by Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and features Next Generation alumnus such as Commander Elizabeth Shelby (last seen in Best of Both Worlds (TNG)) and Lieutenant Robin Lefler (last seen in The Game (TNG)).

Most of all, Peter David has garnered a reputation for injecting a mean sense of humour into all his stories that complements his clear and concise storytelling. Truly, a modern master of the genre.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.