Kibo is also the name of the Japanese Experiment Module of the International Space Station, presently being manufactured by Japan's National Space Development Agency (NASDA). The JEM will contain experiment areas both sheltered from and exposed to the environments of space, and is intended to perform experiments in chemistry, biology, biophysics and engineering.

Kibo is the Japanese word for "hope", but knowing Kibo, he might well have had something to do with this.

kgbvax = K = kiboze

KIBO /ki:'boh/

1. [acronym] Knowledge In, Bullshit Out. A summary of what happens whenever valid data is passed through an organization (or person) that deliberately or accidentally disregards or ignores its significance. Consider, for example, what an advertising campaign can do with a product's actual specifications. Compare GIGO; see also SNAFU principle. 2. James Parry <kibo@world.std.com>, a Usenetter infamous for various surrealist net.pranks and an uncanny, machine-assisted knack for joining any thread in which his nom de guerre is mentioned. He has a website at http://www.kibo.com/.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Kibo is a mountain peak in Tanzania. It is the taller of the two peaks of Kilimanjaro, and at 19,340 feet, is the highest point in Africa.

At the summit is a dormant volcanic crater 1.5 miles across. Kibo has not erupted in modern times, but it does emit steam and sulphur.

Climbing Kibo is considered to be comparatively easy for a peak of its size; the thin atmosphere at such a high altitude is a larger obstruction to climbing than any vertical surfaces.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.