This is the name of a rather famous sketch seen on Saturday Night Live; it first aired on January 12, 1991. It is a commercial parody of pretentious blue jeans commericals and features, well, just read it . . .

BAD IDEA JEANS The scene opens on a group middle age guys playing a friendly game of weekend basketball.

Guy #1: Hey, we've got our apartment. We ripped up the floors, pipes, wiring, and we're having everything completely redone.
Guy #2: You're renting, right?
Guy #1: Yeah.

Suddenly we see in large simple type on a white background: BAD IDEA

Guy #3: Well, he's an ex free-base addict, and he's trying to turn around, and he needs a place to stay for a couple of months.

Again :BAD IDEA

Guy #1: Tosses bottle to Guy #2 Heads up!
Guy #4: Now that I have kids, I feel a lot better having a gun in the house.

BAD IDEA

They continue to play. We see a close-up of the jeans they're wearing, the label reads: BAD IDEA JEANS

Guy #3: I thought about it, and even though it's over, I'm going to tell my wife about the affair.

BAD IDEA

Guy #5: I don't know the guy, but I've got two kidneys and he needs one, so I figured..

BAD IDEA

Guy #2: Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?"

BAD IDEA

Announcer: Bad Idea Jeans.

A group of tall, muscular young men appears and walks onto the court.

Guy #1: Hey, you guys ready? Let's bet these guys! A hundred bucks.. make that two hundred! Two hundred bucks!

Fade to: BAD IDEA JEANS

The Bad Idea Jeans concept also exists in real life. The commercial trademark "Bad Idea JeansSM " belongs to JC Jeans Company. They also had a series of commercials.

Commercial #1:

A black guy cycling cheerfully through the streets down to the harbour. When he arrives, he puts on a life jacket and rows out to a huge yacht in the water. He enters, passes a few security guards and a Russian mafia leader. He then talks to this stunning blonde, the mistress of the mafia leader: "Hey, woman! You left your panties in my kitchen." While he waves around with a pair of panties. Cue slogan.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.