Here is the account of how I lost two days playing TreeLoot very seriously.

The thing is, when you play TreeLoot, you see the coordinates of the pixel you click on in the URL bar of the browser; and after that, you see how close you are of various prizes on a relative scale. I focused on the $25,000 prize (of course) and found three boundary points where the proximity scale would change. This is done by clicking a few dozen of times on the TreeLoot image, each time carefully adjusting the position of the mouse (you can't play by just typing the URL, damn!) and noting the coordinates of the click along with the proximity scale value.

With three such boundary points, it is possible to compute the exact center of the circular zone defined by all pixels at a certain distance of the prize. There is only one circle passing through three points, so that its center HAD to be the prize. My heart pumping wildly, I positioned my mouse over the center pixel and clicked. The results: a proximity scale that was red all the way (I never saw that before!), but no prize. After biting into my arm for about 30 seconds, I searched the FAQ and read that the prize can be anywhere in the circular zone (which covers thousands of pixels), and that the proximity scale just gives the distance to the center of that zone.

Always read the rules before playing...

Headline: TreeLoot Coverup Scam - TreeLoot Plays "Hide The Monkey"

I got gyped by TreeLoot. You see, my friend had recently received a plush boxing TreeLoot monkey in the mail, and it became a source of envy from me. I mean hey, who wouldn't want a free monkey, right? So I set out playing their inane tree-based game. I eventually earned enough of their play money to buy the stuffed monkey ($1000) in their store (the only other things to buy are promotional offers...*shudder*). So I purchase my monkey, and I'm set.

Or am I?

3 months later...no monkey. My simian envy turned to rage. It was then I decided to "shake the tree". OMITTED(Sorry folks :P). Using this method, I shook till I had $1000 for yet another monkey.

They had removed the monkey from the buy list.

Those bastards slightly-less-of-a-bastards! They covered up the whole monkey offer, as if the furry ape hadn't even existed--yet I had seen the truth! I even documented proof last time! (http://zagg.home.mindspring.com/bwahaha.jpg) This incensed me to no end. Therefore, I provide this "shake the tree" method as free range to anyone who has been ripped off/jaded/scammed by TreeLoot.

Note: The author is not responsible for wasted time at inane websites, or any action the reader takes from suggestions related to in this text. Aren't disclaimers fun?

Update:

Well, it seems someone at TreeLoot has their head screwed on right, guess what I got today in the mail, not 2 days after posting this message (and nearly a year after the whole monkey fiasco): The coveted TreeLoot Monkey. Perhaps someone at TreeLoot uses E2 and saw my little complaint, and decided to act upon it. Now that I have my monkey I can stop bitching. Subsequently, my "shake the tree" method will now be removed.

Carpe Simian!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.