Adam Sandler was born in Brooklyn, New York on September 9, 1966, and raised in Manchester, New Hampshire. Goofy as a child, Sandler never really contempated being a comedian until age 17 when his brother dared him to perform at a Boston comedy club.

He continued to perform after he left Boston to attend NYU and after graduation became a regular on MTV's game show, "Remote Control". He starred in his first film, Going Overboard, in 1989, and later became a Saturday Night Live cast member during the 1990-91 season, creating such characters as "Cajun Man," "Opera Man" and "Canteen Boy".

His first comedy album, the Grammy-nominated They're All Gonna Laugh At You, became an instant hit and expanded his fan base among young people through offensive songs and sketches such as his infamous "Thanksgiving Song" and his hilarious Chanukah Song.

Throughout the '90s, Sandler became a ubiquitous presence on screen in films like Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer and Big Daddy; and on record - What The Hell Happened To Me, What's Your Name and Stan and Judy's Kid. Even though some critics give Adam's movies bad reviews, the fans still come out to see his movies. He's funny, a cult hero if you might say.


Thanks to rollingstone.com and superstarpages.com

The Adam Sandler Metanode


Adam Sandler is my favorite actor, I love each and every one of his movies and so therefore have decided to make a Metanode to group all the nodes I've found on Adam, which hasn't been as many as I had thought there would be. Thanks also to stand/alone/bitch for the great writeup on Adam above.
Adam Sandler's Movies
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Bulletproof
Airheads
The Waterboy
Big Daddy
The Wedding Singer
Little Nicky
Punch-Drunk Love

Adam Sandler's Phrases (and phrases which have been in his movies)
O'Doyle Rules
"and may god have mercy on your soul"
I am the smartest man alive
You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
shut the hell up
Guns don't kill people, I kill people
Let me get you a nice cold glass of shut the hell up
The Price is Wrong Bitch
can of whoop ass
Julia Goulia

Adam's Music
piece of shit car
lunchlady land
tollbooth willie

Anything else related to Adam Sandler
Adam Sandler
Billy Madison's Bathtime
medulla oblongata
Waterboy
Linda's Song


If I missed any nodes you know of, or you have made, please /msg me and I will put them up straight away.

Adam Sandler has been the poster child for what most consider "juvenile humor" or "sophomoric humor" for the past decade. He's made movies with incredible cult followings such as Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore, as well as huge box office successes such as The Waterboy, Big Daddy and most recently, 50 First Dates. Yet any true fan of the Sandman will tell you, Adam is at his raw, unfiltered finest, when on his five comedy albums, which consist of songs and skits that are much more over-the-top and hilarious than his films, and at times, show hints of avant-garde brilliance that few know this man contains.

His albums are as follows:

They're All Gonna Laugh at You

1. Assistant Principal's Big Day
2. The Buffoon and The Dean of Admissions
3. Buddy
4. The Longest Pee
5. Food Innuendo Guy
6. The Beating of a High School Janitor
7. Right Field
8. The Buffoon and the Valedictorian
9. Mr. Spindel's Phone Call
10. The Thanksgiving Song
11. The Beating of a High School Bus Driver
12. Oh Mom...
13. Fatty McGee
14. At a Medium Pace
15. The Beating of a High School Science Teacher
16. The Cheerleader
17. I'm So Wasted
18. Lunchlady Land
19. The Beating of a High School Spanish Teacher
20. Toll Booth Willie
21. Teenage Love On The Phone
22. My Little Chicken

"They're All Gonna Laugh at You" was Adam's very first album and was released in 1993. "Fatty McGee" and "Lunchlady Land" borrowed from bits that Adam Sandler mastered during his three year stint on Saturday Night Live and "The Thanksgiving Song" has become a Top 40 radio staple in late November every year. "Toll Booth Willie" is thought of every time anybody enters the city limits of Worchester, Massachusetts, "The Buffoon" sketches proved that "fucking shit" could be a great interjection and the "Severe Beating" sketches came in handy for angry high schoolers wanting to get their aggression out someway.

Other standouts include “At A Medium Pace,” "The Longest Pee" and "Mr. Spindel's Phone Call.” The album also features appearances by his not-yet-famous friends Conan O' Brien, Rob Scheider, Tim Meadows, Robert Smigel and David Spade. At one point, the album was #2 on Billboard's "Heatseekers" chart and has been certified double platinum, selling two million copies.

What The Hell Happened To Me?

1. Joining The Cult
2. Respect
3. Ode To My Car
4. The Excited Southerner Orders A Meal
5. The Goat
6. The Chanukah Song
7. The Excited Southerner Gets Pulled Over
8. The Hypnotist
9. Steve Polychronopolous
10. The Excited Southerner Gets A Job Interview
11. Do It For Mama
12. Crazy Love
13. The Excited Southerner Meets Mel Gibson
14. The Adventures Of The Cow
15. Dip Doodle
16. The Excited Southerner Proposes To A Woman
17. Memory Lane
18. Mr. Bake-O
19. Sex Or Weight Lifting
20. What The Hell Happened To Me

"What The Hell Happened To Me" was released in 1996 and although it's questionable if this or his first album is his finest release, this was the one that help to propel Adam Sandler closer to the mega stardom he would achieve. "Do It For Mama", "The Hypnotist" and "Respect" were much quoted on my fifth grade blacktop back in the day. "The Goat" launched somewhat of a mini craze throughout the nation, as the term "Fuck me in the goat ass!" was used more in 1996 than in any other year ever. Sandler got his first real MTV quality video with "Steve Polychronopolous."

Yet, it was The Chanukah Song that made "What The Hell Happened To Me" huge. The Jewish and non-Jewish community embraced this song that, like "The Thanksgiving Song", gets massive airplay during the holiday season. Adam recorded an HBO special and went on a massive tour in support of "What The Hell Happened To Me" that included selling out Radio City Music Hall. The album has been certified double platinum, selling two million copies, just as his debut had.

What's Your Name?

1. Moyda
2. The Lonesome Kicker
3. Bad Boyfriend
4. Pickin' Daisies
5. Corduroy Blues
6. Listenin' To The Radio
7. Sweet Beatrice
8. Dancin' And Pantsin'
9. Zittly Van Zittles
10. Four Years Old
11. Voodoo
12. The Respect Chant
13. The Goat Song
14. Red Hooded Sweatshirt

"What's Your Name" was released in 1997 and deviated from Adam Sandler's precious two albums in the fact that it was nothing but songs and no sketches. While the production values are fantastic for a comedy album, the sketches were sorely missed. Regardless, "The Goat Song" and "The Respect Chant" were fantastic reprises from "What The Hell Happened To Me." The former of the two was a fantastic operetta that combined with the original "The Goat" sketch makes for one fantastic character.

"The Lonesome Kicker" got the MTV video treatment, and while it didn't garner up any radio airplay, Sandler combined the character in that song with his Cajun Man character from his SNL days to help create the title character in his first true blockbuster, "The Waterboy." "Voodoo" and "Four Years Old" are also standouts. The album was supported by a rock-star-like tour for Sandler in which a full band backed him up and was certified Gold, having sold over 500,000 albums.

Stan & Judy's Kid

1. Hot Water Burn Baby
2. Cool Guy 1
3. 7 Foot Man
4. Peer
5. Cool Guy 2
6. Dee Wee (My Friend The Massive Idiot)
7. Whitey
8. Cool Guy 3
9. She Comes Home To Me
10. Champion
11. Cool Guy 4
12. Chanukah Song Part II
13. Inner Voice
14. Cool Guy 5
15. Welcome My Son
16. Psychotic Legend of Uncle Donnie
17. Reprise

"Stan and Judy's Kid"s 1999 release was unprecedented in the history of comedy albums. Its 81,000 copies sold in its first week set the opening week record for any comedy album and continues to hold that record to the day. The album itself was greeted well, seeing that Sandler returned to skits and songs. Fans were treated to fantastic flash animation shorts of some of the albums finest tracks on Adam Sandler's official website. These tracks including "Hot Water Burn Baby", “The Peeper”, "Inner Voice" and all the "Cool Guy" sketches.

Sandler also took a darker route with his 16 minute character sketch "Whitey" and the albums closer, the aptly-titled "Psychotic Legend of Uncle Donnie." And while "Chanukah Song Part II" had been getting radio airplay for years prior to this album's release, it was its first official release ever. Also notable are "Champion" and "7 Foot Man." "Stan and Judy's Kid" was certified Gold after selling 500,000 albums.

Shhh...Don't Tell

1. Sid & Alex
2. Pibb Goes Surfing
3. The Amazing Willy Wanker
4. Gay Robot
5. Pibb Tries The Skateboarding
6. Creepin’ On The Mayor
7. The Mayor Of Pussytown
8. Timmy Tinyhole
9. Pibb Takes The Mexican ATV Tour
10. Wolfman
11. Secret
12. The Boss And The Secretary
13. Best Friend
14. Pibb Needs The Hot Rocks
15. The Mule Session
16. Newlyweds, Sleepyheads
17. Calling Home
18. Mr. I Do And The Doo Doos
19. Whore! Where Are You?!
20. Stan The Man

"Shhh...Don't Tell" is the fifth and latest album from Adam Sandler. Released in 2004, five years after "Stan and Judy's Kid." With a healthy mix of songs & skits, some with repeating characters (Mr. Pibb as he is known on the album) and some referencing old characters from the past (A certain character from "Do It For Your Mama" has gone off to college). While time will tell what tracks from this album will go down in Adam Sandler history (an insert with the album pitching Sandler's old albums says "RESPECT THE HISTORY", a reference to an old skit), standouts after my first listen include "Wolfman", which brings back fantastic character actor Blake Clark who appeared in The Waterboy, "Creepin’ On The Mayor" is a fine short skit which leads into "The Mayor of Pussytown," in which Sandler channels his inner-Slim Shady with fantastic results.

Other standouts include "The Boss and The Secretary" featuring current SNL standout Maya Rudolph, "The Mule Session", the aforementioned "Calling Home" and "Pibb Needs The Hot Rocks." The fine song "Mr. I Do And The Doo Doos" and the fantastic skit "Newlyweds, Sleepyheads" (with SNL castoff Molly Shannon) both might be related to Adam Sandler's recent marriage to model/actress Jackie Titone. The album closes with a side to Adam Sandler that he has lightly hinted on in previous album tracks (most notably "What's Your Name?" tracks). The finale "Stan The Man" is an incredibly poignant tribute to Sandler's father, who died in the album's midproduction. "Shhh...Don't Tell" debuted at #47 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums selling 24,000 copies in it's first week. While not anywhere close to the last albums opening week, is still quite impressive for a comedy album.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.