A district in Hong Kong, on the north part of Hong Kong Island, between Sheung Wan on the west and Admiralty and Wan Chai on the east. Just to the south of Central is The Peak, which offers some extraordinary views and equally extraordinary real estate prices.

Central is the government, financial, and transportation heart of Hong Kong. It's filled with skyscrapers, shopping malls, and a high percentage of gweilos. These are often found in Lan Kwai Fong and Soho.

Cen"tral (?), a. [L. centralis, fr. centrum: cf. F. central. See Center.]

Relating to the center; situated in or near the center or middle; containing the center; of or pertaining to the parts near the center�x3c;-- original had "or of.." --�x3e;; equidistant or equally accessible from certain points.

Central force Math., a force acting upon a body towards or away from a fixed or movable center. -- Center sun Astron., a name given to a hypothetical body about which Madler supposed the solar system together with all the stars in the Milky Way, to be revolving. A point near Alcyone in the Pleiades was supposed to possess characteristics of the position of such a body.

 

© Webster 1913.


Cen"tral (?), Cen*tra"le (?), n. [NL. centrale, fr. L. centralis.] Anat.

The central, or one of the central, bones of the carpus or or tarsus. In the tarsus of man it is represented by the navicular.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.