One of the first martial arts movies America produced. This movie exposed the beauty, art, and violence of martial arts to American viewers. The plot lacks to be honest, but Bruce Lee is sent to an island by the CIA to dig up information on a drug lord's operation. For the sake of revenge, Mr. Han's(drug lord) men forced Lee's sister to suicide in the movie. To do this, Lee goes undercover and enters Mr. Han's tournament.

Great, realistic fight scenes occur throughout the film. Lee's legendary flip kick on O'Hara. O'Hara is a tall, white guy with a mustache. Lee beats up a guy fitting this description in Game of Death and The Chinese Connection too. There is a sequence where Bruce goes insane with nunchaku that displays action choreography beautifully. Nope, your television doesn't vibrate, Lee does!

The cast includes:
Bruce Lee as Lee
John Saxon as Roper
Jim Kelly as Williams
Robert Wall as O'Hara
Kien Shih as Han
Bolo Yeung as Bolo(huge villian in many Van Damme films as well)
Jackie Chan as an extra(Bruce Lee whoops him)

THIS IS A MUST SEE!


some cast information taken from IMDb

For fans who haven't seen the special edition DVD version, here are a few of the 'behind the scenes' tidbits mentioned in Linda Lee Cadwell's interview.

During the filming of the Lee vs O'hara fight scene, Bruce Lee was severly cut by a broken bottle Robert Wall was wielding. Filming was stopped for several days so Bruce's hand could heal. To get back at Wall, Bruce didn't pull the kick that sends Wall flying backwards near the end of their match.

At another point during filming, one of the extras was constantly taunting Bruce between takes. The extra was calling him a 'paper tiger' and saying he was not a real martial artist. Bruce called him down from where he was sitting and told him to throw a kick. Within 30 seconds, that particular extra was a true believer in Bruce's martial arts.

Between Bruce's death in July 1973 and Enter the Dragon's theatrical release in August 1973, several sections of dialogue were cut. Below is a section of dialogue from the beginning of the special edition that IIRC was cut for the US theatrical release. I'm including it here because it's my favorite piece of dialogue from the movie.

Teacher: What is the highest technique you hope to acheive?
Lee: To have no technique.
Teacher: Very good. What are your thoughts when facing an opponent?
Lee: There is no opponent.
Teacher: And why is that?
Lee: Because the word 'I' does not exist.
Teacher: So...continue.
Lee: A good fight should be like a small play...played seriously. A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming...ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. When he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit. It hits all by itself.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.