An episode of The Twilight Zone, aired October 11, 1963. Episode #123, titled "Nightmare at 20,000 feet".
In this episode, William Shatner plays the role of a salesman who has just recently recovered from a nerveous breakdown. He is sent home by the doctor - by airplane. His wife tries to keep him calm during the flight. Once up in the air, he spots a creature on the wing of his plane - a gremlin. However, when he attempts to alert any other of this danger, the gremlin is gone. This is when the nightmare begins. He stands alone to prevent the gremlin from tearing apart the engine on the wing. His wife and the crew goes together in trying to make him doze off, thinking he is having a new nervous breakdown. He has entered the Twilight Zone.

"What you're looking at could be the ending of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't... it's the beginning!"

This classic Twilight Zone episode has had a number of homages made to it. In particular, The Simpsons did a spoof of this in one of their Halloween Specials. In the segment Bart Simpson is trying to convince the people on his school bus that there is a gremlin tearing apart the bus.

Pop Will Eat Itself did a song by the same name that used samples from the Twilight Zone episode, along with samples from the movie Aliens:"Attention, Emergency!", the movie Total Recall: "Fasten your seatbelts! Hope you enjoyed the ride!", and a pornographic anime called Jungle Burger:"If I ever get my hands on the fucking son of a bitch who built that fucking plane, I'll rip his god damned fucking face off."

The song is more about a general fear of flying, however, than about gremlins.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.