You know, if you scroll through the TV guide on your screen and join together phrases from the capsule descriptions of successive shows and movies, you get far more interesting-sounding fare:

Now a traveling mercenary, Hercules has his trained ape commit a series of murders in truck stop restrooms in the South.

An actress flirts demurely with a robot in H.G. Wells' time machine.

Kevin and Grant build an amphibious Camero as they fight for justice below the surface of the mythical Bermuda Triangle.

An insane zoologist attempts to drive a doctor over the edge by announcing he has shrews which are the size of a nineteenth-century cavalry officer.

A fiery southern belle struggles to stop traffic.

Frederico Fellini's surrealistic account of a Scotland Yard Inspector who returns from the grave to wreak havoc on New York City.

An Oklahoma oil baron becomes Queen of France.

An out-of-work actor becomes involved with an exorcism.

While the Civil War rages, Sally's mom leads a horde of dragons on Saturn's moons.

A girl grows up and falls in love with proud members of a Chicago family.

A Navy pilot kidnaps an aquatic writer with a teenage girlfriend.

Four people gain unusual powers from the prison commandant's World Cup championship bid.

A former CIA agent is called a simple gardener in his hometown.

A Virginia high school hires an eccentric widow to hunt down the family monster.

In 1960s Oklahoma a sensitive youth is forced to take his estranged daughter across Burma.

A portly lord sends a radio troupe to a gloomy mansion for the atomic revival of two teenage sisters.

A police detective kills a Nazi spy and attempts to perfect a shark repellent.

Catty New York socialites gossip in the Alps with a fight manager's daughter and her Mexican-American boxer.

A Chinese warlord is blamed for brain surgery on a French journalist and an 8-year-old.

Unassuming people expecting a normal taxi ride are drawn into the dangerous world of an international arms dealer.

A British brother and sister rub a magic lamp and meet 12 evil alien children born on a game show.

Unaware that Claire has a personal assistant, an 1880s Midwestern schoolteacher dedicates 50 years of her life to a 500-year-old vampire.

Sophisticated Nick and Nora Charles search hippie drug dens for an Egyptian mummy.

A tentative romance begins between a quirky teenager and an Irish barmaid who plans to try on provocative clothing.

American Tankers help defend a race of intelligent plant life with playing cards.

After an experimental program turns him into Scott of the Antarctic, a teacher forces his girlfriend to become a nun.

Wade meets an intelligent entity called V'ger during a gang war.

A 9-year-old Chinese girl and her sister flew more than two dozen missions over a schizoid Victorian amusement park.

The survivor of several alien attacks mysteriously vanishes as a shadow falls across a town called Christmas.

The Women's Temperance League hunts for the Lau-Lau using visual cues and signals.

A teen and his buddies spy on a thirteen year old, but events take an unappetizing turn when a call girl on trial hands VIP clients to the judge.

Through three turbulent decades, Ebenezer Scrooge faces off against NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby, who blames Kirk for the death of a 100-year-old Southern patriarch.

An astronaut and his sidekick tie the Watergate break-in to three old west outlaws imprisoned in a Nebraska town.

A mad doctor grafts the hands of a murderer on to his manicurist girlfriend at a lion farm in California.

In a nineteenth-century scandal, two song and dance men run into a peanut vendor on a horse ranch.

A millionaire, his niece, and a pilot love a mutual love, a bird girl of nature.

A jealous woman kills people to obtain cadavers and a killer brain.

Victorian poet Robert Browning courts a broken-necked shepherd named Ygor.

The Brontë Sisters and their brother fight a ring of bloodthirsty scavengers.

Scenes trace the history of witchcraft told by a psychic.

A paramedic uses his telepathic powers to avoid lawman Pat Garrett.

With his sidekicks, Snipe and Doc, a saloon singer on the British coast stumbles onto a gangster and falls for her father's dead wife as a playmate.

A high school student suspects that Tarzan, having acclimated to life in skirts and make-up, keeps the family together to protect the soul of a huge white shark.

The Bowery Boys open a detective agency when one of them in disguise takes up with a taxi driver.

Getting over the death of her son, a woman ties the mystery of a severed ear to a legendary religious artifact.

Next

Yesterday was very productive. I got a lot of things done that I've been wanting to do. Today my drive has waned. I need some time to relax before I go back into work tomorrow. It's a kind of grind and repetition that I have to avoid thinking about. I finished the chapter I had been working on, I redid the opening and I'm much happier with the way that it turned out. I like to give my characters my problems, but tweak them to move the story along. When I was still married we had talked about another baby, knowing how crazy it was. I still kind of want another baby, but I don't really, I just like the idea of it. To get myself through this I gave two couples similar circumstances. One couple is established, older, and financially secure. He wants a baby and his wife is reluctant. The second couple is extremely young. They love each other, she wants a baby and he has a thing for pregnant women. 

His parents talk about him and his girlfriend, another son of theirs got his girlfriend pregnant, their granddaughter is just eight days old and they think that his younger brother and his girlfriend are only seeing the cute and cuddly part of babies before they get to the squalling sleepless nights that most parents of babies endure at some point in time. Writing about sex can be fun, for the younger couple she doesn't get a thrill out of it the way that she could, but she doesn't know any better, wants a child, and loves him enough to accept what he's doing to her. When they're together her mind wanders and she pictures herself holding a baby and having him in the background helping her. He doesn't know she feels this way or isn't really into sex, he's getting laid and doesn't know enough to include her in the process. The older couple is much more experienced, they negotiate, they compromise, and it's fun to see how the different people act and react. Would love to write more, but trying to keep these short so I don't burn myself out.

Praying that this finds you well,

J

P.S. In the process of making a decision about my romantic future. Letting go is tough, but I owe it to myself to try and meet my needs and get more of what I want out of a relationship. 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.