The first Americans were Black. The oldest human skeleton ever found in the Americas (a 13500-years-old adult female found in Brazil) indicates that they were closely related to negroid populations of Africa and Australia (Aborigines). It is unclear whether they travelled by water, cruising from island to island until they reach America, or whether they simply split off from the Aborigine group before they reach Australia, somewhere along their trip across southern Asia, and made their way through the Bering Strait.

We know that Mongoloid populations (tribes from Central Asia that later became what we call "American Indians") crossed the Bering Strait about 15700 years ago or later, because by that time the ice barrier that covered the area began to melt down. Those people are said to belong to the Clovis culture, after the city of Clovis, NM, where the first settlements were discovered. According to fossil evidence, it seems they entered South America about 9000 years ago. What we can say for sure is that they replaced the previous population in record time, because from 7000 years ago onwards, all fossils found were unambiguously mongoloid. What happened to the Aborigines ?

The answer can be found on cave paintings across South America. There, scientists have found numerous pictures of men, women and animals (not unlike the ones found in old Australian Aborigine settlements, incidentally). In several cases, some of the men pictured on the walls of the cave had intriguing features that puzzled observers. For lack of a better explaination, they were thought to be "dancers" celebrating or performing some ritual dance. But close re-examination of the pictures (with the help of computer imagery) led to the conclusion that these paintings actually depicted scenes of war, and that the "dancers" were in fact warriors fighting each other. One of the men that was thought to have a "ribbon" sticked to its head was in fact the representation of a corpse, and the "ribbon" indicated blood pouring from his head. A striking aspect of these scenes of war is that they all seem to have been made over a relatively short period of time, that seems to fit pretty well within the time frame of the mongoloid invasion. The violence depicted in this paintings reflects the fact that the invaders from the North wiped the Aborigine population out of existence in a matter of centuries. Those obscure cave paintings represent what can be seen as the first documented genocide in History.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.