I don't see any reason why someone who wants to sell sex shouldn't have full and unfettered freedom to do so. It's not really my cup of tea, but to each his own.

When you get right down to it, this particular sort of prudishness historically stems from a desire to keep women economically dependent -- after all, people rarely bitch about the men who purchase sex -- and as such, we should think carefully before perpetuating it. I know that full acceptance of sex workers is probably too extreme to expect, but perhaps we could collectively come to some middle ground opinion such as, like cleaning toilets and working at taco hell, it's kind of a gross job, but somebody's got to do it.

When I think of wanting to bitch about women that want to fuck, just to pay the bills rather than bitching about girls who want to fuck, just to fuck I think of the golddigger, the woman (if you could call her that) who rather then spend time looking for someone she can be really happy with looks for someone that can do the most for her her wallet rather than her heart.

These woman are on my list right above people that kill, rape, steal, and/or molest. I can't stand people with that think "I think I'll blow this guy then ask him to pay my phone bill". Of course on my list, right above these women are the men who fall for women who want to fuck, just to pay the bills. But that's a story for another time.
There's always been a large debate in feminist circles over the question of what to say about women who fuck just to pay the bills. Notice, I didn't say like to fuck just to pay the bills. Often, these women (whether they're prostitutes, call girls, or just women who have found that their sexual prowess is worth more than their words) don't necessarily enjoy what they do, they do it.

It's certainly very easy to pass judgement on women who fuck to pay the bills. They're immorral, they're loose, they're whores. By definition, these are even accurate.

There are a lot of other things that are pretty key to know about sex workers, though. For example, according to the Prostitutes Education Network, approximately 50% of street prostitutes are use or are addicted to illicit drugs and more than 50% of those women became addicted prior to beginning sex work. Additionally, sex workers disproportionately come from low-income families and generally have a lower-level of education than the general population.

Certainly, it's very easy for those of us who aren't addicted to hard drugs, who haven't lived an entire life of poverty, who haven't been told that their minds and selves were worth nothing, and who have virtually no skills or education to pass judgement on these women. It's very easy to demonize people who engage in activities that we don't approve of, but it's also very easy to ignore the circumstances under which these women enter into sex work.

The question, for me, ends up not being "What's wrong with them?" but "What's wrong with a society where women's pussy is more of a money-maker than her mind?"

From a writeup above: The question, for me, ends up not being "What's wrong with them?" but "What's wrong with a society where women's pussy is more of a money-maker than her mind?"


Nothing.

Nothing at all.

This will undoubtedly offend the romantics and idealists among us, but I must say it.

You and I exist today for one reason, and one reason only: to reproduce.

No. You are not here to become a physicist, an engineer, or a teacher. You're here to fuck.

Sorry.

Let me talk a bit to back up those statements.

You and I and every human born today are born with a set of instinctive behaviors. These behaviors are passed through our genetic material, and are so deeply rooted in our being that we posses them from birth.

A newborn human somehow knows to cry, to suckle, and to huddle against warmth. These instinctive behaviors are inseparable from a person, indeed, they are that person.

Of these embedded behaviors, the most powerful is survival. Every single dog, cat, tree, and bacteria desires, above all, to survive. The goal of survival guides a creature's actions more so than any other.

Of interest to us, however, is the second most powerful drive. This is the drive to reproduce. When a creature manages to survive, and believes its offspring have a fair chance at survival as well, it will reproduce. This behavior is as ingrained as you can get. Without ever being taught, two animals know instinctively how to reproduce and care for their young.

OK, so what the hell does this have to do with the original topic of this w/u? Well, we are just another species of animal. Yes, we happen to be incredibly smart and have been successful in our attempts at surviving, but we're simply another animal living on this planet. So, even though we have come up with such silly ideas as civility and manners, we still feel the tug of our most basic, instinctive desires.

As the average human is not particularly worried about being killed, we turn to our next desire, reproduction. When we have sex, our brains believe we are reproducing. We are rewarded physically with a flush of endorphins and an orgasm. However, much more importantly, our instincts are satisfied. That is the real reason we like sex so much. The thrill of the physical is nothing compared to the immense sense of "right" we feel. We feel this "right" because we are satisfying a most basic human desire, a desire that has been embedded in every living creature since the beginning of time.


A woman working at a menial job is providing a service to her employer.

A woman working as a prostitute can satisfy one of the most powerful urges we feel as humans.


Does it surprise you at all that the prostitute makes more?


A little clarification: I am not saying the only jobs a woman is capable of are prostitution and menial labor. I am disagreeing with the notion that sex cannot be worth more than what a prostitute could do as alternate employment.

Here, let me try.

We are certainly here, at least in part, to reproduce. It's fun, it's important, it fulfills all sorts of materialistic and theistic agendas.

But fucking isn't part of reproduction. Fucking, in my mind, tends to have more social overtones.

Reproducing involves sex, and ends up with fully grown adults of the species. The male's part varies from species to species - in some, he's essentially there for life, and in others, it's a love-em-and-leave-em affair. Sometimes, like with seahorses, you get weird middle grounds. The female is involved to a greater extent, seeing as how she generally gets the... ah... joy of carrying the babies about.

That's reproduction. In humans, it does (or should) involve a certain level of tenderness and friendship and fucking (people don't suddenly stop being horny after they reproduce). (To all you modernists out there: I think that humans are animals; I also think that they function better with emotional support.)

Fucking is unproductive. Doesn't mean it's bad or anything (see r00k123; it feels quite good), just that it doesn't get you anywhere. The implication that Laurie (described in Rancid_Pickle's wu) is somehow a Good Person because she helps people feel their urges have been fulfilled (or that the job of prostitution in general is somehow laudable), is ridiculous.

Prostitutes and masturbation are kludges. They can be useful but they don't solve the problem. They provide fuckage. The solution is reproduction.

(And fuckage can be problematic, because, at least for me, there's this tendency to treat the "mate" like your mate - probably not a good plan if the "mate", to paraphrase the words of a write-up above, is addicted to hard drugs, has lived an entire life of poverty, has been told that their minds and selves were worth nothing, and has virtually no skills or education. I'm sure there are plenty of very nice prostitutes out there, and a significant number that are mothers, but they aren't the best mother a child could have. They probably aren't going to be good friends, either.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.