The hero and protagonist of the SNES RPG "Terranigma", a fun-loving youth who causes havoc wherever he goes.

A rectangular boat. According to the book of Exodus in the Old Testament, Noah received a revelation from God to load all animals pair by pair into a huge Ark, thus saving all species from a world-wide flood. The line spoken by Kouzou Fuyutsuki in episode 26', "Will it become the Ark to save humankind from the nothingness of Third Impact?" touches upon this legend.

Source: The End of Evangelion : Glossary contained within The End of Evangelion - Theatrical Program.

What is the meaning of Ark's name in Terranigma?

My theory is that since Ark was created in the underworld city of Crysta, which was a copy of the overworld city of Stockholm, he is a copy of a person that lived in Scandinavia. Being that his name is Ark, I think that the person he was a copy of was Erik the Red, although why this would be so, I don't quite know.

Erik the Red discovered Greenland, which is one of many places that Ark visits. Ark also rescues Columbus, another famous mariner.

Ark (#), n. [OE. ark, arke, arche, AS. arc, earc, earce, fr. L. arca, fr. arcere to inclose, keep off; akin to Gr. to keep off.]

1.

A chest, or coffer.

[Obs.]

Bearing that precious relic in an ark. Spenser.

2. Jewish Hist.

The oblong chest of acacia wood, overlaid with gold, which supported the mercy seat with its golden cherubs, and occupied the most sacred place in the sanctuary. In it Moses placed the two tables of stone containing the ten commandments. Called also the Ark of the Covenant.

3.

The large, chestlike vessel in which Noah and his family were preserved during the Deluge. Gen. vi. Hence: Any place of refuge.

4.

A large flatboat used on Western American rivers to transport produce to market.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.