noun. (Climber lingo) The act of taking a large fall, while leading on less than vertical rock, that results in sliding down the rock and usually causes abrasions to the knees and/or hands and elbows. Almost always highly laughable. Also happens to the best, on occasion.

See Also: Sky's Favorite Lingo
A kitchen utensil that is used to grate and slice cheese, although I use mine mostly on ginger to good effect. The standard model consists of a sheet of stamped stainless steel connected to a supporting frame. One half of the sheet contains several small holes that are finely spaced with a raised lip on one side.. The other half contains a fewer, larger holes. The middle of the sheet contains a narrow slot with a sharpened blade.

Sliding your cheese over the holes will produce small chunks of cheese suitable for a pizza or salad. Sliding your cheese over the slot will produce slices that are suitable for crackers. If you want to make a grilled cheese sandwich, I'd recommend using a knife to cut the cheese.

Rubbing a cheese grater over your skin is not the best way to get rid of tattoos, but it's one of the cheapest.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.