Contrail-like formations produced by aircraft over the US, Germany, and Australia, among other places. Certain people believe they are evidence of a vast government conspiracy to expose citizens to bio-warfare agents for some undisclosed purpose.

Willam Thomas, a self-labelled Investigative Reporter who also sells vitamin and mineral supplements to protect against chemical warfare agents, claims they are for weeding out old folk:

    "These "weaponized" pathogens target the elderly and other immune-compromised victims whose deaths go largely unremarked. Though I have avoided this conclusion during nine months of intensive research, I now believe that the culling of "unfit, useless eaters" has begun, with an initial goal (based on known mycoplasma and brucellosis mortalities) of 4%-5% fatalities among those infected. While significant over time, such subtle increases in deaths among aged or ailing people already expected to die soon remain statistically stealthy - much less obtrusive than bodies piling up in the streets."

William Bradley, in his book The Gods of Eden, even links chemtrails back to UFO's and the Black Plague (specifically the variant called pneumonic plague):

    "Many outbreaks occurred in summer during warm weather in uncrowded regions. Not all outbreaks of bubonic plague were preceded by rodent infestation; in fact, only a minority of cases seemed to be related to an increase in the presence of vermin. The greatest puzzle about the Black Death is how it was able to strike isolated human populations which had no contact with earlier infected areas. The epidemics also tended to end abruptly.
    A great many people throughout Europe and other Plague stricken regions of the world were reporting that outbreaks of the Plague were caused by foul-smelling "mists". Those mists frequently appeared after unusually bright lights in the sky. The historian quickly discovers that "mists" were reported far more frequently and in many more locations than were rodent infestations. The Plague years were, in fact, a period of heavy UFO activity."

Chemtrail theory and reportage has seen a recent upsurge in interest lately, after a few years lull. There are many pictures of contrails that may or may not be chemtrails to be found in books and magazines and on the internet. If you have any pictures of contrails, you may want to put them up on a webpage and label them as chemtrails, because you can.

The fear of being poisoned by aircraft may come from the history of actual harm from pesticides by cropdusters in the mid-70s. Run-off from pesticides sprayed over crops also led to many birds of prey, including the Bald Eagle, becoming endangered due to a side-effect causing their eggs to become soft-shelled.


An excellent source for debunking the chemtrail theory, and more information about it, can be found at: http://www.tbtf.com/archive/1999-08-23.html#s06 .

As of the first quarter of 2001, unregistered aircraft apparently continue to spray unknown chemicals into the skies above first world, industrialized population centers with increasing regularity.

While major media sources continue to ignore the activity, the body of evidence accumulated by private individuals is very large. --Although, in keeping with the cultural trend of the last 100 years in regard to unpopular or un-officilized news, most of the general population either deny or remain unaware of the situation.

Among those who take the information seriously, the actual reason for the continued atmospheric distribution of the unknown chemicals, remains a matter of debate.

Common theories include:

1) Distribution of chemicals designed to cull, immunize, or otherwise affect the physiological or psychological health of the populace.

2) Atmospheric and Weather control testing by unknown agencies. (The theory being that a microwave sensitive layer of chemical is deposited in the sky, and then manipulated from afar by microwave radiation.)

3) A process necessary for military or other satellites to effectively monitor the possible deployment of biological weapons.

4) A method for ehancing topographical radar scans from sea going vessels. (Providing a 'ducting' medium to bounce projected em from)

5) An effort to combat the greenhouse effect by reflecting a portion of the sun's energy away from the planet. (With microscopic particles of reflective material mixed into the spray chemicals)

There is evidence that several of these theories may be correct; that the agencies involved do not have single goals in the utilization of atmospheric spraying exercises.

My personal opinion on the matter, based on unverified information from esoteric sources, (i.e. channeled), is that at least a very large portion of the whole operation is a bugaboo. --That is, a make-work project of little or no concrete value designed for no other reason than to simply maintain the current budget status of certain military bodies in the wake of post Cold War downsizing.

-A far less sensational explanation, to be certain, and certainly not one which would preclude possible heath hazards presented by the chemicals sprayed, (reported by some to be a mixture of air-craft fuel combined with a sticky, fiber-like contaminant).

On the Art Bell radio show on April 4, 2001, two recorded interviews with an air traffic control manager in the Northeast United States were played. This unnamed informant gave testimony that on March 10, 2001 he had orders to monitor an increased number of aircraft because of a military operation. He also confirmed that the operation was that of weather-modification. 30 jets were identified on this particular incident flying criss-cross patterns within less than an hour.

William Thomas has now proposed that powdered aluminum, possibly along with other metals, is being used to reflect 1% of the Sun's light away from the atmosphere, in an attempt to counteract the effects of global warming. They are already organizing a class-action lawsuit against the organizations responsible (I suppose as soon as they find out the specifics on who is responsible?).

It is entirely possible that this information is not correct, however it would not surprise me at all for it to be true. It is clearly more profitable for the United States public and private sectors to abandon the Kyoto Protocol as a means of reducing carbon emissions. Perhaps instead, they believe using scrap metals (from automobiles) in the upper atmosphere to block out light will solve the problems of global warming.

Worsening abnormal weather could cause severe problems, but more important are the health risks involved. This all seems very typical of the American philosophy of covering up the problem instead of fixing the root of the problem (the automobile, for instance). I have faith that those with information will be brave enough to provide it to the public.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.