Exploder = E = external memory

exploit n.

[originally cracker slang] 1. A vulnerability in software that can be used for breaking security or otherwise attacking an Internet host over the network. The Ping O' Death is a famous exploit. 2. More grammatically, a program that exploits an exploit in sense 1.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Ex*ploit" (?), n. [OE. esploit success, OF. esploit, espleit,revenue, product, vigor, force, exploit, F. exploit exploit, fr. L. explicitum, prop. p.p. neut. of explicare to unfold, display, exhibit; ex+plicare to fold. See Ply, and cf. Explicit, Explicate.]

1.

A deed or act; especially, a heroic act; a deed of renown; an adventurous or noble achievement; as, the exploits of Alexander the Great.

Ripe for exploits and mighty enterprises. Shak.

2.

Combat; war.

[Obs.]

He made haste to exploit some warlike service. Holland.

2. [F. exploiter.]

To utilize; to make available; to get the value or usefulness out of; as, to exploit a mine or agricultural lands; to exploit public opinion.

[Recent]

3.

Hence: To draw an illegitimate profit from; to speculate on; to put upon.

[Recent]

In no sense whatever does a man who accumulates a fortune by legitimate industry exploit his employ'es or make his capital "out of" anybody else. W. G. Sumner.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.