The Invertebrate Meta-node

I started to create this node as I thought it might be useful to have the biological information grouped together, in part in order to identify those holes that really should be filled by other noders. However, as I kept searching this spun completely out of control, and I had to try and make some sense of the relevant information contained in this massive database. So, I have divided the relevant (as determined by me) nodes into three groups: those being mostly if not entirely biological, those being of a humourous or general nature and those of a culinary nature.

You will notice that the organization of the nodes in the biological section is taxonomic, but disagrees with the information provided by Webster 1913. This is because the classification of invertebrates has changed greatly over the past 90 years. As a guide, I followed the taxonomic classification provided in the book The Invertebrates: a new synthesis by R. S. K. Barnes, P. Calow and P. J. W. Olive (2nd edition, Blackwell Scientific Publications, 1993).

Biological nodes

Humorous or general nodes that may or may not have anything to do with living or real invertebrates Culinary nodes

In*ver"te*brate (?), a. Zool.

Destitute of a backbone; having no vertebrae; of or pertaining to the Invertebrata.

--

n.

One of the Invertebrata.

Age of invertebrates. See Age, and Silurian.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.