pronounced mad rich
! Rather mud-rich
, as in Bach
. A Hebrew
word for which there is no literal translation
. For this reason, the Jewish
community tends to use the Hebrew word exclusively. Derived as the causative
. So perhaps path-setter, or guide
A madrich is a leader, often of youth. The term generally refers to someone with an accepted rather than enforced responsibility. A madrich is often an educator, but an informal educator; his tools are discussion and games, not formal book-learning.
The term could be reasonably applied to scout and guide leaders and USA summer camp councillors and it tends to refer more to young people and less to professionals.
- Masculine singular: Madrich
- Feminine singular: Madricha
- Masculine plural: Madrichim
- Feminine plural: Madrichot
- The skill a madrich employs is “Hadracha”, literally way-setting