Tux = T = tweeter

tweak vt.

1. To change slightly, usually in reference to a value. Also used synonymously with twiddle. If a program is almost correct, rather than figure out the precise problem you might just keep tweaking it until it works. See frobnicate and fudge factor; also see shotgun debugging. 2. To tune or bum a program; preferred usage in the U.K.

--Jargon File, autonoded by rescdsk.

In skateboarding and snowboarding it is two things. The first is easy to explain, it is simply a grab. The second is much harder to explain, but it is basically an extension of a grab, similiar to an invert.

The Grab: This is a grab of intermediate difficulty. Learn how to do the mute first. Once you can do that, bend your knees and then do a mute with your knees bent as such. Next push one knee down and the other up. The board will "tweak". If you want more style/points, then all you need to do is "tweak" in the other direction. When you are landing, straighten the board and return your knees to their normal position.
Note: In skateboarding you will have to grab the board before bending your knees or you will land without the assistance of your trusty board.

The other thing: This is taking the "tweak" part from the tweak grab and lending it to almost any other grab. You can tweak indys, mutes, stalefish... almost any grab. This is different to a bone.

TO TWEAK
To pull: to tweak any one's nose.

The 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.

Tweak (?), v. t. [OE. twikken, originally the same word as twicchen; cf. LG. twikken. See Twitch.]

To pinch and pull with a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch; as, to tweak the nose.

Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tweak, n.

1.

A sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch; as, a tweak of the nose.

Swift.

2.

Trouble; distress; tweag.

[Obs.]

3.

A prostitute.

[Obs.]

Brathwait.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.