A 'Knight of the Magical Light' as featured in the 80's cartoon series Visionaries. Due the allignment of all three suns of the planet Prysmos, the highly technologically-advanved civilisation reverted back to an almost medieval state. Some knights, after winning favour with the magician Merklyn through performing (and surviving) various tests of character, were granted magical powers according to their temperament. This magic was in the form of animal totems, giving them the ability to transform magically into their given animal, and Power Staffs, allowing them to call on greater powers. There are two factions of magical knight, the good Spectral Knights, and the evil Darkling Lords.

virus = V = VMS

visionary n.

1. One who hacks vision, in the sense of an Artificial Intelligence researcher working on the problem of getting computers to `see' things using TV cameras. (There isn't any problem in sending information from a TV camera to a computer. The problem is, how can the computer be programmed to make use of the camera information? See SMOP, AI-complete.) 2. [IBM] One who reads the outside literature. At IBM, apparently, such a penchant is viewed with awe and wonder.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Vi"sion*a*ry (?), a. [Cf. F. visionnaire.]

1.

Of or pertaining to a visions or visions; characterized by, appropriate to, or favorable for, visions.

<-- #?? "appropriate to" was spelled "apappropriate to" in the original. -->

The visionary hour When musing midnight reigns. Thomson.

2.

Affected by phantoms; disposed to receive impressions on the imagination; given to reverie; apt to receive, and act upon, fancies as if they were realities.

Or lull to rest the visionary maid. Pope.

3.

Existing in imagination only; not real; fanciful; imaginary; having no solid foundation; as, visionary prospect; a visionary scheme or project.

Swift.

Syn. -- Fanciful; fantastic; unreal. See Fanciful.

 

© Webster 1913.


Vi"sion*a*ry, n.; pl. Visionaries ().

1.

One whose imagination is disturbed; one who sees visions or phantoms.

2.

One whose imagination overpowers his reason and controls his judgment; an unpractical schemer; one who builds castles in the air; a daydreamer.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.