I laid my head on his shoulder, hearing the gentle thrum of his heartbeat. I sighed contentedly as he reached up and idly started running his fingers through my hair. He looked down into my eyes and kissed me, his lips soft and warm against mine.

"You're very beautiful, you know that?" He stroked my cheek, his finger tracing along the edge of my jawline. It scraped quietly as it trailed over a patch of stubble on my chin. My face turned hot with shame and embarrassment, feeling the scrape again as I looked down, away from him. "I'm really not."

"Mmmmmm, yes you are," he whispered into my ear, kissing the top of my head. "You have beautiful eyes and luxuriant hair," His fingers drifted along familiar trails, down my neck and collarbone, then across my shoulders. "Soft, smooth skin." I felt goosebumps under his fingers as they slid down my side, gently following the shape of my breast, my waist, my hip. "These curves." He stroked a small, slow circle around my hip bone. "Even this." He laid his hand softly over the bulge at my groin.

"But...I'm not...my body..." I trailed off, throat closing up with emotion.

"Shhh," he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me, rocking slightly. "You're a wonderful girl. I love your body. I love you." I clung to him as he hugged me reassuringly, protectively. And for the first time I can remember, I stopped being afraid.