"Pulled in to Nazareth, was feelin' 'bout half past dead."

To all my good friends in Columbus, Ohio and all places beyond, E2 included. The time has come. As many of you might know, the job search here in C-bus has been very, very frustrating and rather than face the humility of living out on the streets my daughter has graciously offered me a place where I can lay my head. (Apologies in advance to The Band for ripping off their fine tune, The Weight, but the circumstances seem right.)

With that being said I have a one way ticket out of town, leaving on Thursday (3/25) on a Greyhound bus destined for Odessa, Texas with the final destination being Alpine, Texas. Population around 6,000 according to the 2010 census. I think the bus ride will do me good and give me a chance to see places in America that I might never have the opportunity to see again as well as a country side that I've only seen on those specials on PBS. It will also allow me some time to clear my head of some of the more ugly thoughts I've had dancing around in my brain for quite awhile now. Hopefully the miles will wash them away like a Texas thunderstorm.

I looked at some images for the surrounding area and what I see are purple mountains in the back round and a sky that looks like something out of coloring book. More importantly, to have the support of my family touches me in ways I can't even begin to express.

I guess what I want to say is thank you for all the love, support and friendship over the years and I wish you all the best in terms of success and personal satisfaction. It's been a great run over the last 20 some odd years and you all hold a special place in my heart. Hopefully, through the magic of the internet, we can stay in touch and raise a virtual glass of our favorite beverages and recall all the good times.

As for you Annie Leigh, it breaks my heart to leave but as you know better than anybody else, it was something that needed to be done. I will always be your dad and even though there are going to be more miles between us, they are only miles. The strings of the heart stretch further than any two points on a map.

All my love...

borgo

The weight has been lifted....