For those who don't instantly recognize this node's title, allow me to explain. Kikkoman Foods Inc, among other things, sells soy sauce in a wonderful five fluid ounce refillable container that pours perfectly. However, every time I pick up my convenient Kikkoman dispenser, the label taunts me.

REFILL ONLY WITH KIKKOMAN

Every time I'm wandering through the store and see a really great deal on bulk generic soy sauce, I instantly visualize the label on my beloved dispenser.

REFILL ONLY WITH KIKKOMAN

I know some people would tell me "If you're that attached to your little bottle, why not just fill it with what ever brand you want?" Well, when my bottle of acetaminophen says "Do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours", the understanding is if I ignore this label, it's not their fault if it kills me. In all likelihood it would not, but why would I take that chance? That label is there for my protection. How do I know if the label on my dispenser is just an casual recommendation and not there for my protection? How do I know that another brand of soy sauce wouldn't react with the red plastic lid, and release some sort of shellfish toxin? Well, the answer is I don't know. The label offers no further explanation.

REFILL ONLY WITH KIKKOMAN

So I always end up buying Kikkoman.