Note To Self: Stop trying to be so goddamn clever. Thanks.
I like all kinds of music. Although: metal can get grating awful quick, and I prefer older stuff when it comes to r&b or country. It should go without saying, of course, that anything unimaginative with limited ephemeral popularity is less favored than something with a lot of thought put into it. This is undoubtedly a result of my eons of classical training.
Look at my mug:
at the tail end of an 80 hour week, with a headache and my "grumpy pants" on
My mission drive used to be to reach level two, but when I was sitting solid at 22 writeups for the past few years, they went and lowered the requirements on me from 25 to 20.
- Too lazy to node more than once every blue moon.
- Too lazy to cook often, even though I know how to make dishes I like.
- Too lazy to find a girlfriend, even though relationships are one of the few things I care about.
- Too lazy to dare to be great, even though I can see greatness within myself.
Self-pity is deceitful... comforting, like a jelly doughnut, with a tasty weakness filling. But it's an evil jelly filling. Maybe even grape.
||.|..|..|....||..|.|.|.|...||..|..|.|..|||......||||.....||.|(top secret US postal graffiti)
Obligatory! chatterbox quotes
<TheDeadGuy> I'm not touching ueni's comment there. Not in 350 years. [...] If we are both still here in 350 years, ueni, I shall buy you a Coke.
Visit the GRAB headquarters on yclept's homenode, where knit battle attire is the order of the day! Triumph is assured, with my decommissioned Angstrobots having been replaced by the newer and techmologically advanced Flemish Giant Rabbots.
Nodes I'm proud of, in very particular order
- citric acid
(belongs in some sort of encyclopaedia or something)
- Indie Rock Pete
(he is a rocker. he rocks out.)
- Weapon of Choice
(think "My name is a killing word")
- Ivan Rebroff
(five octaves, people)
- Axel Torvalds
(the answer to your question is "no")
- Lando Calrissian drinks Colt 45
(My first and only nodeshell rescue - this secret fact is for you and me alone. Actually, just me alone, forget I even mentioned it.)
(My first write up -- kind of short, but hey. Actually, it sucks.)
To do list:
- Leo Arnaud - Bugler's Dream (1958) from The Charge Suite (AKA American TV Broadcast Olympic Theme Every Year Since Freaking 1968)
- Rachmaninov's Vespers, ala the w/u for Elgar's Enigma Variations
- SAAB Variable Compression
- George Jones
- four of two - TMBG
- Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home?
- 1.8T - VW
- Hungry Joe - Catch 22
- western meadowlark
- Space Spiders
- Scharwenka, Xavier. Piano Concerto 1 in B flat (ELAN82266, Wild/Leinsdorf, Boston)
- Tuxedo Junction
- one o'clock jump
- geranium trimming
- wince crap