|QUESTION:|

I'm an 18-year-old guy. Some of my friends and I are confused as to why a female must squat or sit before she can pee.

Is it because she has the equivalent of an extremely tiny penis, normally hidden from view, which only pops out when she squats?

|ANSWER:|

A woman needn't squat or sit to urinate. She can also urinate in a standing position (or in any other position, for that matter). But, since she can't control the direction of the flow of urine, this is apt to be a messy business.

Females urinate from the urethral opening, a very small hole located between the clitoris and the vaginal opening, and surrounded by the vaginal lips called the labia majora.

Clitoris Is Like Small Penis

When you ask about whether the female has the equivalent of a small penis, you may be thinking of the clitoris. Actually, in terms of fetal development, the penis is more like an enlarged clitoris.

The clitoris is a small knob of tissue located above the urethra. In the embryo, a group of specialized cellsbecomes the clitoris. If the fetus is male, the same tissue develops to become part of a penis.

Unlike the penis, the clitoris has only one known purpose --as a focus of erotic sensitivity in women. The clitoris is much smaller than the penis, but has an equal number of sensory nerve endings. Hence it is potentially far more sensitive than the penis.

Structurally, the clitoris is like a penis in miniature, with a shaft, a glans, and a hood.

Random text found on a 3.5" floppy dated 1988.

Acually, they don't have too, as i've read, and since had a personal story related to me about.

I forget where, however there is a website dedicated to peeing standing up for women. http://www.restrooms.org/ It involves basically either just unzipping, and probably unbottoning your pants/shorts, holding open your labias, and using your fingers to aim your urethra. They also have small little plastic thingys that one can insert over the urethra which basically gives them a larger little penis to pee from.

The site also said that if done properly, it almost eliminates the need to wipe after peeing, as little-to-no urine gets on you because the labias are spread or the urine exits through a tube.

Women can pee while standing up, and i am living proof.

My experience occured my freshmen year in high school. I was on the way home from an indoor track meet, when all of a sudden the bus came to a halt. Apparently there was an accident, and we were stuck in gridlock traffic for a good five hours.

So there we were, a bus full of teenage girls. On top of that we normally get home around midnight, so it was the wee hours of the morning when we all started feeling the urge. Naturally, it finally got bad enough that my friend just had to go. Unfortunately, we were under the supervision of our coach, and she didn't want us going to the wooded area on the side of the road, because some people were driving up on the shoulder and she worried we might get hit. We were in the middle lane, so we didn't really have any options though. Well, my coach told us that we should just pee like a man.

The idea was to drop the pants, and just lean forwad, that way the urine leaves in a path away from the body. In order for this to be successful, two other people were needed, to hold a blanket to cover the person up while they pissed against the side of the bus. I volunteered to hold the blanket cause my friend needed to go so bad, but when she got there, she couldn't do it. There were cars all around us, so i don't blame her. Unfortunately, that meant i had to go first. I have to say it wasn't a pleasant experience, but it certainly was entertaining. I was just a little confused after where to put the tissues when i was done.. i just dropped them on the pavement. Soon, all the girls on the team learned the skill of peeing like a man.

Only thing left to say is i feel bad for this kids who ride bus 14.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.