Lithic Walkthrough Part 8<------------> Lithic Walkthrough Part 10


16. The Ferry

In the woods again. Morning. You start off next to a glyph, so grab it and move down the slope.

You will find yourself at the foot of the mountains with a large river in front of you and numerous people milling about. Evidently, they are refugees from the war who have just crossed a ferry that is departing for the far shore. There is a tent city on the other side surrounded by numerous RVs.

Proceed toward the river. You can talk to a lot of the people and after the last level, it is good to take a breather.

REFUGEES

(random)

They burned our homes.
I wanted to stay in Pueblo, but the fighting was too intense. They bombed us every day.
We had to get out of there.
You’re heading the wrong way, stranger.
Are you a sorceress? Can you heal my child?
The Texans talk big, but they’re just brutes.
I’d rather face zombies than war.
Fort Hood is behind all of this!

Additionally, you can find a few select NPCs to talk to.

OLD MAN

You’re one of those immortals. Surprised I can tell? Ha. Once you learn to see the trick, you can never unsee it.

(immortals)

You look too perfect. Even with the torn clothes and scrapes. I’ve seen immortals before. You’re a capricious lot, and you can be arrogant. You don’t strike me as the type, though.

(the war)

It’s always something, right? When I was young, the undead came, and after that society just fell apart. It was a long time coming, honestly. The floods, fires, the heat. This whole place used to be one huge multi-ethnic, continent-wide empire called the United States. Imagine that! But the people back then did something to the air and it began to heat up. Millions died, and then, well, it’s old history now.

(the Weapon at Colorado Springs)

I know nothing about it other than it is red. It can already bring down fighter planes. That’s the only reason we haven’t lost the war yet.

(zombies)

They’re something from beyond. The only other immortal I’ve met said they’re controlled by something from between universes. Somebody used magic to raise a dead person and this thing came through and now seeks to interact with the world in the only way it can.

(the Shadow Leader)

I don’t know anything about an immortal like that.

DOCK GUARD

I’m just here as a formality.

(the ferry)

You want to cross in the other direction? That’s insane.

(immortals)

I won’t want to be immortal, but I’d take two hundred more years. That’s enough time.

(the Weapon in Colorado Springs)

Don’t put your faith in miracle weapons, kid. We’ve lost, it’s only a matter of time.

WOMAN AT THE WATER

I’ve lost everything.

(the war)

It’s not right for a woman to outlive her daughter. One bomb. Just… one… if she’d been in the livingroom instead of the kitchen…

(zombies)

If my little girl came back, even as a… but there’s not enough of her left.

(the Weapon in Colorado)

I don’t want revenge. It’ll only kill more people.

To board the ferry, talk to the Dock Worker next to the Dock Guard. A cutscene will play and you can watch Imi cross the water to the otherside.

One the other side, the situation is much the same. Navigate the tent city, and talk to the refugees.

OLD WOMAN

There’s so much death. How can anyone stand it?

(the ferry)

It’s the only way across now that the bridges have all been bombed.

(the war)

We didn’t see it coming, but tensions were high. You know, it’s clear in hindsight. Texas had to have Oklahoma, and Louisiana, then us, apparently.

(the Weapon in Colorado Springs)

I hear it’s like a large Aspect, which are these jewels that witches can use to fuel their magic. Pretty foolish getting mixed up in something like that, but nobody cares anymore. They just want a super weapon to win the war with.

(zombies)

Better them than soldiers.

MAN WITH THE TATTOO

You don’t look like a refugee.

(the ferry)

Crammed into a floating box with everybody else? Not my idea of a fun time. Hey, good news is I’m number 2431, so by the time I get to cross, there most of the people will have gotten to the other side already.

(the war)

I ran a tattoo parlor in Pueblo called Steel City Tattoos. Lost it to a missile. Check this; it was the last tomahawk missile the Texans fired at us. You know, before they ran out. Isn’t that luck? Glad I wasn’t in it, though. Ten minutes down the street. Isn’t that luck.

(the Weapon in Colorado Springs)

I don’t know. I’d like to be optimistic. I’ve seen it take out some fighter planes. There’s this big red light that sweeps across the sky and the planes just fall. It’s… frightening. They’re working to get it to kill things on the ground too.

(zombies)

You know, I’ve never seen one.

QUARTZ TRADER

Got any interesting rocks? I think you know what kind I mean.

IMI

I don’t do drugs.

QUARTZ TRADER

Goodness girl! No! I mean like shards of Aspects, things like that.

(the ferry)

It attracts people. They need money, I want rocks. It’s win-win for me.

(fleeing the war)

Weeeell, I never had a home, so I barely notice.

(the Weapon in Colorado Springs)

As near as I can tell, it’s a very large Aspect of Fire. Maybe something a little more dangerous.

(zombies)

They’re harmless enough if you don’t get caught in a swarm of them.

(quartz)

Let’s trade.

The Quartz Trader will take both quartz and shards as methods of payment. You can buy Fire, Water, and Air Aspects. The Aspect of Air speeds Imi up and reduces all cool down times by 50%.

TEENAGE GIRL WITH THE BURNED FACE

Oh, you startled me. Your home get burned too?

(the ferry)

It can’t be safe. What if the Texans dive bomb it?

(the war)

It’s been horrible. They bombed our school, they bombed our home. My town was on fire. You see this burn? That’s from them!

(the Weapon in Colorado Springs)

I hope they kill everybody with it.

(zombies)

I’m not afraid.

BLIND CHILD

You’re an immortal, aren’t you? I can always tell.

(the ferry)

It’s free. There’s that.

(the war)

Seems like a petty thing to be interested in if you live forever.

(the Weapon in Colorado Springs)

If it has attracted your attention, who else might come for it?

BEGGAR

Spare some coins, miss?

(the ferry)

It’s free, but on the other side? I can’t rebuild my life with one dollar.

(the war)

I couldn’t join because of my foot. Now look at me. Worse off than if I’d been shot!

(the Weapon in Colorado Springs)

Pipe dreams.

(zombies)

Ha! I feel like one myself.

TOWN WITCH

You have a certain look about you, young lady. Is that magic, I smell? Are you a fellow sister of the coven?

IMI

I’m just me.

TOWN WITCH

But you can use the Power. Come closer, I have a few spells for you, for a few shards…

(the ferry)

It’s now the only way across. A natural choke point. No good will come of packing so many people together. If the undead’s master finds out about this place, she will destroy everyone here. I’ll likely be fine, but these others…

(the war)

The war is good for business, but it is also good for the Pale Lady. Every soldier she can bring back increases the undead threat.

(the Weapon in Colorado Springs)

It is a vastly powerful Aspect of Fire. It might be the first Aspect. Imagine the power you’d have if you could hold it.

(zombies)

I had a vision of their leader once. She’s a pale lady, pinned to her throne by a long danger. But not dead, asleep, and it is through her dream she interacts with this world. Somebody’s wife died, and he used magic to bring her back, but through the tear, the pale lady’s dream followed and it poisoned the wife. She killed her husband, who killed their children, who killed their friends, and on and on it goes.

(magic)

Look here. These will all be useful to you.

The following is a list of the prices the witch is selling her items for:


  • Glyph 100 shards
  • Absorb 75 shards
  • Aspect of Air 50 shards
  • Aspect of Water 20 shards
  • Aspect of Fire 60 shards
  • Tanimus’s Divine Light 100 shards

Absorb is a defensive spell. For every level in Absorb the spell will block 15% of the attack damage of any magic attack that hits Imi, up to 90%. It will then add that attack damage to the next attack spell Imi casts.

Tanimus’s Divine Light will create a bubble of light around Imi that will repel and damage undead creatures.

Once you have explored the refugee camp, head for the mountain pass where refugees are still exiting from. Follow the trail up along the sign that says PIKES PEAK, and prepare for a climb.


Lithic Walkthrough Part 8<------------> Lithic Walkthrough Part 10