Chrono Trigger Walkthrough - Chapter I
The Millenial Fair

Crono awakens to the ringing of Leene's Bell and the gentle proddings of his mother. Today is the Millenial Fair, celebrating the thousandth anniversary of the founding of the kingdom. Talk to Crono's mother until she gives you Crono's allowance, 200 gold. Then head toward the Millenial Fair, to the north of Crono's house.

Once you arrive at the fair, walk north through the first screen, and walk up the stairs at the top. In the second screen, bump into the girl in the blue outfit. Help her find her pendant, and let her join your party. Her name is Marle.

After you have Marle and you have wandered around the fair for a short amount of time, you will have the opportunity to see Lucca's invention. However, if you spend some time in the fair first, you will be able to better prepare for the journey ahead.

If you exit the second screen on the left, you will encounter a giant robot cat/man called "Gato". Each time you defead Gato in combat, you will recieve 15 silver points. These points can be used for various things throughout the fair, but the most common is to exchange 10 silver points for 50 gold, at the tent to the left of Leene's Bell.

If you can accumulate 4000 gold, you will be able to buy a Lode Sword, which is a few times better than Crono's default weapon. You can also buy some improved armor for yourself and Marle.

At the far right side of the first Fair screen you will find Norstein Bekkler's Lab. There are three games which you can play here, but the only important one is the one that costs 40 silver poitns. When you enter the tent and tell the ghostly figure that you would like to play this game, a clone of Crono will walk out of the top of the screen. You must mirror the clone's actions to win the game. If you succesfuly mimic evrything that the clone does, you get the clone. He will be at Crono's house later in the game.

When you are ready to move on, exit the top of the second screen. Here you will find a small crowd of people watching two large, strange looking machines. Lucca, and her father, Taban, allow Crono to demonstrate the device. Once it teleports him from one side of the screen to the other, Marle also wishes to try. When she steps onto the telepod, however, sparks fly, and she dissapears into an odd blue portal.

Crono heroicly follows her, and you will arrive in the next chapter, The Queen Returns.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.