This television show premiered March 9, 2014 on the network channel 5 at 9-10pm EDT. The host is Neil deGrasse Tyson, in what has been referred to as "a reboot of Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos', the landmark 1980 PBS series that explored all the aspects of the universe."


I did not view the original so cannot compare content, use of music, or artistic format. What I can say is how diverse the new version is, featuring the popular astrophysicist walking and flying through time and space in a very sleek CGI "Ship of the Imagination".


Executive directors include: Seth MacFarlane, Allan Butler, Mitchell Cannold, with Ann Druyan, Sagan's widow, as co-producer. Celebrities used in prior episodes for voice acting include Patrick Stewart and Cary Elwes, among others.


It is evident that both script and graphics are carefully crafted to appeal to all ages and belief systems. Listing it as (comedy, children) shows a lack of knowledge from online television guide, zap2it. My family mutes commercials, quickly discussing something from the show or texting furiously with my daughter and her family.


I sincerely hope others are enjoying the series as much as we are. Tonight's episode is listed as explaining the history of the scientific method, how it helps in understanding how light travels, as well as the behavior of light, its relationship to vision, and infrared radiation. In keeping with the inclusiveness of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, "...Let there be light..."


233

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.