It took me two days to be able to write this down, because this is one of the most vivid and disturbing dreams I ever had. It only lasted for a few minutes, but those minutes felt like an eternity.

I was in a classroom. It seemed like my old high school, but in much better condition. Everything had a new, sterile feeling; as if it had just been built within the past few months.

I was sick. This wasn't just cough-cold sick, I was against the wall, shivering, oh-my-god-I'm-going-to-die sick. No parts of me were in pain, but my body was telling me that it was in dire condition; and everything I did seemed to take a momentous amount of energy. I was cold. I was so cold, that being in sweat shirt/pants underneath several layers of blankets, which no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't keep close enough to me to keep warm, did nothing to stem the coldness. My body was losing a war against something.

Outside -- it was dark. It was daytime, but the world outside was a much darker, sinister shade of itself. It was heavy thunderstorm, perhaps even solar eclipse dark. All I could see was the other parts of the building. Brick. Deep red, dark brick. I remember seeing windows, but they were dark, any that were lit didn't register in my mind.

The classroom I was in was located at the inner area of the building. The center of the building was exposed to air, a gardenesque area, but I could not see the ground from where I was. Just the bricks and dark windows of the other side of the building.

I was not alone. There were a few other people in the classroom, huddled in the same corner as I was. I do not know if they were sick as well, the thought didn't register in my mind. I was accompanied by somebody; a girl who's face I didn't recognize. She had shoulder-length curly brown hair, a slight acne condition, but I couldn't remember much else about her. In my sorry condition, she was all I had.

They came for me. Two women and a man in lab coats. One woman was in glasses, I couldn't get a good look at the others. I couldn't move of my own accord at this point, so I was being drug. The floor was very slippery, as though it had just been waxed, and I slid along without much resistance. All I could do was clutch my blankets tighter. They were my only protection.

As I was being pulled along in the hallway, the girl ran out. "Leave him alone! Don't do this! He's sick, can't you see that? He needs help!!"

Her pleas did nothing for me ...
... and the dream faded.

When I awoke, I was cold. I couldn't move parts of my body, and for the next few hours, I felt as though I was in recovery from a real illness.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.