WARNING! SPOILERS IN EXCESS! CHEESE IT! THE FEDS!


Title: Prometheus Unbound
Release Date: April 1998
Writer: Grant Morrison
Penciller: Arnie Jorgensen
Inkers: David Meikis and Mark Pennington
JLA Members: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman (Hippolyta), Aquaman, Green Lantern, the Flash, the Martian Manhunter, Steel, Plastic Man, Zauriel, Huntress, Oracle, Orion, and Barda.
Guest Stars: Lois Lane and Catwoman.
Bad Guys: Prometheus.

So what happens?
Prometheus is still terrorizing the JLA and the hostages aboard the Watchtower, but the Leaguers are starting to recover. Prometheus shoots both Green Lantern and the Flash, but Flash is able to absorb the kinetic energy of the bullet before it injures him, and Green Lantern is only slightly wounded. Batman wakes his pansy ass up and calls Oracle, a hacker whiz who used to be Batgirl before the Joker paralyzed her and who is the JLA's secret member down on Earth, to get some insight in how to beat Prometheus. Steel, his armor temporarily out-of-control, is forced to throw his big ass-kickin' sledgehammer at an airlock, but Plastic Man catches the hammer before it does any damage.

Meanwhile, Prometheus confronts Superman and Wonder Woman and tells them that he'll kill everyone aboard the Watchtower unless Superman commits suicide. Things look grim until it's discovered that Daily Planet reporter Cat Grant is actually Catwoman in disguise, sneaking aboard to steal stuff. She pops Prometheus in the 'nads with her bullwhip and, while he's down, Steel uses his computerized armor to seize control of the villain's fancy technology. Unfortunately, Prometheus is able to escape to his house in the Ghost Zone, swearing revenge and telling Flash that there were never any motion-sensitive bombs--Flash could've taken him down at any time...

And as a little epilogue, Orion and Barda of the New Gods are assigned to join the JLA as protectors of the Earth.

Cool Moments!
Plastic Man catching Steel's hammer with his midsection.

Cool Quotes!
Aquaman: "Is there anyone left who isn't a member of the JLA, Superman?"

Zauriel: "Who's this? 'I love this place. I love these people. Every day is Doomsday.'"
Steel: "Okay, it's him exactly, but after today, I'm officially Plastic Man's best friend in the whole world."

Back | Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.