Dear Michael,
I would like to open, saying how incredibly difficult you have made my life. Accepting your apology would be very hard, even now. I would like to say I could forgive but not forget, though that would be a lie because I cannot forgive you.
I haven't told any more people about what happened, not because I'm scared or ashamed, but because it just isn't worth mentioning anymore. Besides, it was a long time ago. What was an enormous problem then is history now.
I still think about it sometimes, when I'm with other guys. It ruined that experience for me, and nothing anyone says or does could erase that for me.
I think about you sometimes. You were a nice guy, you seemed like a nice guy. I guess being nice and holding doors open for people doesn't stop you from doing terribly wrong things. And making other people frightened and scarred.
I respect what you're trying to do, and I would never try to exact revenge. I just can't forgive you. As much as I'd like to be that nice of a person, I'm not. You did something irreversible.
But I really am sorry that I can't forgive you. I've spent a lot of time in therapy learning how to be angry and then how to be forgiving. But I'm just not there yet. I'm really sorry.

Fiona.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.