So, the surgery went decently well. I still don't know precisely what they did, since they rushed me out the door before I was completely coherent. I intend to find out here shortly, though. Too soon to tell if this helped or not, though the snagging sensation that used to happen with every step is gone.

Took me the better part of 24 hours, but I finally feel mostly human again, now that the morphine and midazolam have worn off. The unholy combination of opioids, benzodiazepines and phenothiazines made me utterly zombie-tastic yesterday - though I will say I felt no pain. Not feeling much right now either, despite not having touched the oxycodone they gave me. I don't like how it makes me feel (yay nausea, dizziness and inability to think clearly), so I'm sticking with just the non-narcotic drugs unless I really need it, and so far I haven't.

They warned me about nausea, and went to great lengths to prevent that - Emend, ondansetron, promethazine and dexamethasone. All that worked, didn't hardly feel sick at all. What they didn't warn me about was the fact that succinylcholine causes whole-body muscle aches for a lot of people. Arrgh. So, everything from face to feet is achy as if I'd just worked out way too hard. Oddly, this seems to make the knee that they didn't operate on more painful than the one they did.

But, all that aside, I'll be enjoying my two weeks (or more) off from work. Time to get a zillion projects done, and maybe even play some video games! Well, maybe - turns out that my current video card, a GeForce GTX 295 inherited from my friend, overloads my power supply. Guess it's time to side-grade to the faster but less power-hungry GTX 560, or maybe the only-slightly-slower GTX 460. No, a bigger PSU isn't the right answer - I really don't need two top-tier GPUs, even if they are last-generation.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.