Security Resources
(From the NSA Handbook)

In the fulfillment of your security responsibilities, you should be aware that there are many resources available to assist you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding security at NSA or your individual security responsibilities, your supervisor should be consulted. Additionally, Staff Security Officers are appointed to the designated Agency elements to assist these organizations in carrying out their security responsibilities. There is a Staff Security Officer assigned to each organization. Staff Security Officers also provide guidance to and monitor the activities of Security Coordinators and Advisors (individuals who, in addition to their operational duties within their respective elements, assist element supervisors or managers in discharging security responsibilities).

Within the Office of Security, the Physical Security Division (M51) will offer you assistance in matters such as access control, security passes, clearance verification, combination locks, keys, identification badges, technical security, and the Security Protective Force. The Security Awareness Division (M56) provides security guidance and briefings regarding unofficial foreign travel, couriers, special access, TDY/PCS, and amateur radio activities. The Industrial and Field Security Division (M52) is available to provide security guidance concerning NSA contractor and field site matters.

The Security Operations Center (SOC) is operated by two Security Duty Officers (SDOs), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The SDO, representing the Office of Security, provides a complete range of security services to include direct communications with fire and rescue personnel for all Agency area facilities. The SDO is available to handle any physical or personnel problems that may arise, and if necessary, can direct your to the appropriate security office that can assist you. After normal business hours, weekends, and holidays, the SOC is the focal point for all security matters for all Agency personnel and facilities (to include Agency field sites and contractors).

However, keep in mind that you may contact any individual or any division within the Office of Security directly. Do not hesitate to report any information which may affect the security of the Agency's mission, information, facilities or personnel.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.