TODO items, carried over from previous months:
- TODO: Figure out if we want to kill pseudoexec
- TODO: Determine whether or not I want to keep E2 Ticket Center
- TODO: Fix "scratch pad" so that it properly searches (IE: rename the drafts)
- TODO: see if we really need selectWriteupTypes, probably not. Check the zen writeup display page.
- TODO: Move the hidden usergroup enlistments from hard-coded list in showUserGroups to a node param
- TODO: remove nagger/nagbox?
- TODO: I made a hack to general container that falls back if parent_container isn't set inside of a theme. Once we pare down to one theme, we need to remove this hack for performance and sanity reasons.
- TODO: Consider upgrading to a more modern version of the jquery library
- TODO: It looks like the groupCache for chanops isn't getting knocked when the group gets updated via simple usergroup editor. Could be a SUE problem or a groupCache problem.
- TODO: Figure out why we have the firmlink in the links table and in firmlink_note
- TODO: Remove e2gods from content editors and undo the hack in other users where we check the sigil for not gods, since flattenUsergroup adds e2gods into content editors
- TODO: Examine where we might be using the islocked $VARS setting and strip it out of the room display page and go outside. Move inability to change rooms to the application module
- TODO: Ascorbic's chatterbox client Mattbox has apparently stopped working
- TODO: Remove direct message table insertion in massacre
- TODO: Make usergroups archive by default inside of usergroup maintenance create
- TODO: Once we have static pages set up properly, point blacklisted IPs (currently hardcoded into apache2 conf) at an explanation page.
- TODO: If you have a writeup in a node that is locked, you can see your writeup, but not the reason for the lock.
- TODO: Consider if we want to have unlinkable be a parameter in the future. There was an unlinkable flagtype, but it was not used. The idea isn't bad however.
- TODO: Create a node is probably not used. We might want to search the links for it and consider removing it.
- TODO: Rip out the useractionlog stuff. It has never been turned on, and it is an unfinished beta.
- TODO: Page of Cool server error in vagrant environment (Likely due to authors not being there)
- TODO: Consider bringing back a historical trivia section, after the death of the broken On This Day nodelet
- TODO: In Everything::HTML, place a sane message to format the error, instead of calling the htmlcode for htmlError, which doesn't exist.
- TODO: Make userland server errors either message me or drop a ticket in somewhere, update that suggestive text about contacting a site administrator
- TODO: Investigate why you can't post a writeup with links that link to within e2 (non bracket-links, like a href="http://everything2.com/?something")
- TODO: Install genRDF.pl as an S3 client in crontab, have a reverse proxy rule
- TODO: Looks like cool nodes xml ticker is fed out of three nodes: cool user picks, tfcool nodelet, and tfcool nodelet2. Figure out which of those we actually need
- TODO: Wind down Node Row, as it itself is marked for destruction (note: search by id, hardcoded in places)
- TODO: Remove captcha stuff everywhere
- TODO: Figure out whether we need the killing floor and the killing floor ii.
- TODO: Wind down Classic Nodelets and System Nodelets
- TODO: Kill off the tutorial stuff
- TODO: Wind cleanNodeName out of Everything::HTML
- TODO: Clean up help topics as it is woefully outdated
- TODO: Commit patches to git, wind those down.
- TODO: make it so that we can get params without having to get the full node of something, just by id (much faster). Also, replace the Other Users stuff with just the ID (skip node lookup on editors/gods)
- TODO: Kill off the C&P problems with showchatter, showmessages, and showmessages_expand
- TODO: figure out why the node_id for Create a node is in the linktype field of links.
- TODO: Make get ips/log ip into an actual E:A function.
- TODO: Node Tracker keeps retitled writeups forever.
- TODO: Lucy-S reports not seeing XP notifications in zen/jukka emulation.
- TODO: Add quick rename to security monitor
- TODO: Set the proper content type on the sitemap index and other files. Need to support this sort of thing in Everything::S3.
- TODO: Higher granularity of date in the sitemap than simply 'day', though that is good enough for now
- TODO: Probably kill off lockroom, the htmlcode
- TODO: Undo the zen container hack to keep the h1 off of the logo if you're not logged in
- TODO: Get these TODOs into github or some place where I can track them
- TODO: Follow up on anectdotal reports of the "confirm your votes" setting problems.
- TODO: Unwind the gravatar stuff
- TODO: Remove the 'who to message to join the group' part in: linkGroupMessages.
- TODO: scrape out everything that uses UnderConstruction
- TODO: Application.pm-ify usergroupToUserIds
- TODO: I am not sure canSee is used.
- TODO: Make uploadAudio use S3.
- TODO: Isolate and wind down check blacklist
- TODO: Check to see if checkInfected is busted under new cookie scheme
- TODO: Help writeuptype that e2docs or content editors can create
- TODO: Editor notes on private drafts force the 'nothing found' ajax return.
- Hid all of the drafts that were whitespace and blank. Set their publication_status to 'private';
- Fixed a problem inside of softlink where I misread the sigil and set it to be undef instead of (). Thanks to wertperch for the keen eye.
- TODO: Add in 'opinion' and possibly 'process' nodetype
- Doing some really unsexy project and business management work to collate things for the new year
- Removed a site scraper. Need to improve that process.
- Back in the saddle for mod_perl safety: parsetimestamp, voteit, votehead, votefoot,weblog,uploaduserimage, rearrangenodelets, lockroom, createroom, minilogin, ednsection_cgiparam, viewcode, ednsection_edev, printableheader, themeVar, jsrearrangenodelets,printablefooter,showNodelets, ednsection_globals,CoolUncoolIt,settype,coolsJSON, isSpecialDate, showUserGroups, doChatMacro,showchatter,showFooter,isZen,varcheckboxinverse,googleanalytics, getGravatarMD5,e2nodelock, devparselinks,timesince,printable,popwindow,firmlinks,showdebate, showmessages, displayUserInfo,ekw userbody, openform2, showuserimage,ReadThis_news,ReadThis_edcools,episection_advice,vitsection_maintenance,formatButton,vitsection_nodeutil,vitsection_nodeinfo,usercheck,vitsection_list,vitsection_misc,ednsection_util,ekw titlebar,episection_ces,customtextarea,addfirmlink
- Nuked coolsafety. It was blank.
- Nuked ednsection. It was deprecated by nodeletsection
- Nuked useNewXPSystem. No longer in use.
- Nuked processMessage. An intentionally Server Error!-y N-Wing beta that was never finished.
- Removed the chatterinfo piece from N-Wing's plaything. Nuked chatterinfo
- Nuked adjustNewXP, as it was an old beta.
- Again, textfield2 was an old beta. Nuked.
- Nuked ekw searchform. EKW uses usersearchform
- Removed a bizarre scratchpad hack from epicenterzen
- Nuked the blank crtcatlist
- Removed the testpassing parts from N-Wing's plaything. Nuked testpassing
- Removed an unused piece: logintonodechoice
- Nuked the unused e2tutorial
- Removed the last piece of the On this day nodelet. getOnThisDay
- Removed unused code pieces: timestampDate,messageSplit
- More mod_perl safety: writeupcools,ReadThis_coolwus, nodeletsection,displayUserText,rtnsection_cwu, rtnsection_nws,displaydebatecomment,displayWriteupInfo,rtnsection_edc, usergroupmultipleadd, nodenote, logWarning, admin toolset,ekwFooter,hasJS,newwriteups2,formxml,nwuamount,linkGroupMessages,formxml_user,xmlheader,formxml_e2node,xmlwriteup, xmlfirmlinks,formxml_writeup,showcollabtext,getvarsvalues,schemalink,basicoddrowcss,schemafoot
- Continue the mass code sweep: statsection_global, sayings_nwing,statsection_personal,UnderConstruction,xmlnodesuggest,screenNotelet,formxml_usergroup,ennchoice,repaire2node,msgField,userAtomFeed,varsComboBox, DateTimeLocal, settingsDocs,formxml_room,sendPrivateMessage,formxml_superdocnolinks,statsection_advancement,ednsection_patches, orderlock,time_cat,externalLinkDisplay,chatterSplit,softlock,atomiseNode,zen titlebar,zenFooter,zensearchform,ignoreUser,zenwriteups
- Added a commifyNumber function in Application.pm
- Updated Database Lag-o-meter to use commifyNumber
- Removed the unused statsection_global
- Removed the unused varsinteger
- Removed the blank codetest
- More mod_perl safety: ajaxVar,favorite_noder,updateNodelet, nodeHeavenStr,googleSearchForm,hasAchieved,displayWriteupFooter, statsection_fun,googleads,usergroupToUserIds,epicenterZen,achievementsByType,script_tinyMCE,legacyweblog,widget,borgspeak,writeupssincelastyear,canSee,unignoreUser,uploadAudio, assign_patch,check blacklist, achievementsLeft,zenadheader,socialBookmark,coolcount,checkInfected,weblogform,show_node_forward,confirmop,ajaxEcho,linkStylesheet,getdisabledactions,ilikeit
- Nuked var2hash, as it wasn't used.
- Nuked return_htmlcode. It wasn't used either.
- Nuked frontpagediv. Wasn't used.
- Nuked aprilfools_chatterbox_2006. Also wasn't used.
- Nuked printHeaderTest. Not in use.
- Nuked zenadsidebar. Not in use.
- Nuked return my arguments. Not in use.
- Nuked escapetags. Not in use.
- Nuked paginationLinks. Not in use.
- Added the help writeuptype, restricted to staff and e2docs members.
- Added the opinion writeuptype. Open to everybody.
- Looking to push out the perf fix tonight: Notelet nodelet settings,Notifications nodelet settings,Chatterbox nodelet settings,Personal Links nodelet settings,nodeletsettingswidget,canseeNotification,lockuseraccount,ajaxMarkNotificationSeen,Other Users nodelet settings,showUserCategories,urlToNode,isEkw,standard html screen,homenodeinfectedinfo,isInfected,editwriteup,display draft,setdraftstatus,parentdraft,nopublishreason,publishwriteup,update New Writeups data,ordernode,messageBox,testshowmessages,confirmDeleteMessage,addNodenote,unpublishwriteup,get ips,angelToDraft,ajax publishhere,e2nodetools,isSuspended,show paged content,showcurrentpoll,showpoll,writeuptools
- Pushed it live. Knocking out fixes:
- No more stars in zen e2node display page
- Softlinks was showing for a random node: softlinks
- Migrated to a new s3 image host for homenode images
- Cleaned up some brokenness in showuserimage
- Made it so that users you have on ignore can't see your registry information: zen user display page
- Made MaxClients more in line with what our traffic pattern looks like
- Pushed N-Wing's Java Chatterbox over to s3, made a reverse proxy rule
- Played with Moose all day as kind of testing ground for what I think the new engine object model should be. It's pretty clear that I am going to need to revamp it, but I'm not sure right now how much moose is going to buy us over going directly to a simpler object system, especially since we are so functionally dependent right now. Part of that I'm sure is my own failure to grasp the model with only a few hours of playing with it. I'll come back to it in a month or so.
- A bunch of nitpicky backend S3 work