user since
Mon Jun 27 2005 at 05:28:25 (18.9 years ago )
last seen
Wed May 10 2017 at 02:41:50 (7 years ago )
number of write-ups
11 - View Lamorsa's writeups (feed)
level / experience
1 (Novice) / 211
C!s spent
3
mission drive within everything
Have fun.
specialties
Nodeshell rescuing mercenary.
school/company
University of Minnesota/Executive Speaking, Inc.
most recent writeup
Brownie Lake
Send private message to Lamorsa

By morning, I do research in communications, linguistics, and memory for a very small company (I'm employee #6) that trains corporate executives in effective public speaking. I then synthesize these interesting studies about effective communication into a cute little "Did You Know?" fact which I e-mail to our clients about once every two weeks. I also goof around a lot, which is at least partially where E2 comes into the picture.

By afternoon and early evening, I study History and English at the University of Minnesota. The emphasis in the earlier is Medieval Europe (more specifically yet, the military history thereof) and the emphasis in the latter is composition and creative writing. I should graduate in the summer of 2006 with a fancypants undergraduate degree that is more or less worthless in terms of earning potential. Graduate school is bewildering and ungodly expensive, so instead I hope to continue evading reality by kicking it 1970s style and joining the Peace Corps.

By night, I drink.

I enjoying pursuing knowledge on topics I don't know -- I have some designs on being a librarian, which seems like a logical fit with this sort of approach to life. Most of my E2 work hitherto (and likely henceforth) will be on topics I know exist, but don't otherwise know the story behind. I'm also brimming with hometown pride, so I'll probably write a fair amount about Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota.

That, and I do love saving nodeshells.

Chatterbox frightens me, but we should still talk sometime.

AIM: WallyWalrus03
e-mail: nsteffel at gmail dot com