user since
Mon Sep 22 2003 at 19:53:57 (20.6 years ago )
last seen
Mon Jan 22 2007 at 16:56:18 (17.3 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View ddragongrl's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 5
mission drive within everything
to learn something new and maybe share some knowledge
specialties
Christian Alternative Music, Movies, pop culture of the 1990's
most recent writeup
Beauty of a thunderstorm
Send private message to ddragongrl

9/24/03

So you have miraculously managed to find your way here, to my homenode. You poor, poor person. As of this writing, I can be classified as the greenest of newbies, but I've read that it is taboo to have a blank homenode, so here goes. I guess I should tell everyone a little something about myself. I am 23 years old and (very happily) married. I live in Dallas, Texas but was raised just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The inevitable question I encounter at this point is "Why did you move to Texas?" I blame my husband on this one. You see, I met him in an Internet chat room and fell in love from halfway across the country, and now I'm stuck in this sweltering city where we don't even get decent snowstorms. Needless to say I'll be back in Philadelphia just as soon as I convince him that dealing with 110-degree heat for weeks at a time is wholly unnecessary. Another thing people find interesting about me is that I am a Bible-thumping Christian, but not the type who is merely blindly following the beliefs that were programmed into their heads by their parents at an early age. I am a Christian because I cannot, in good conscience, deny the existence of a Creator who is so obviously present in my life and in the lives of others. I realize that at times this is not a terribly popular viewpoint, but I am not in the practice of changing my thoughts, feelings, or beliefs to mirror that which is "popular". I listen to Christian alternative music (check out the play lists at http://897powerfm.org/ for a sampling) and I am terminally addicted to Civ III. I currently have one pet -- a rabbit named Magellan -- and I am in the process of adopting a second rabbit named Lewis. I am an active member of the Bookcrossing.com online community and I LOVE to read. I am currently in the middle of The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and am also re-reading Animal Farm by George Orwell. I am anticipating seeing Underworld but I refuse to go in the first few weeks when the fanboys will be out in full force. My favorite movie of all time is a tie between Gone With the Wind and Breakfast at Tiffany's, but my video/DVD library contains a variety including The Crow, Veggie Tales, The Thirteenth Warrior, and Shakespeare in Love to name a few. I am currently employed as a teller at a small branch of a large credit union which affords me lots of downtime with little to do but surf the 'net. I have no illusions about anyone out there actually wanting to know any of the information divulged here, and I suppose that I am writing this stream of babble more for my own amusement than anything else.

But thanks for reading it anyway.