user since
Fri Apr 13 2001 at 10:01:27 (23 years ago )
last seen
Sun Jun 10 2007 at 15:28:38 (16.9 years ago )
number of write-ups
5 - View rara avis's writeups (feed)
level / experience
1 (Novice) / 214
mission drive within everything
to laugh, to chill, to rhyme, to schwill
specialties
literature, cynicism, ripping bingers
school/company
wash u in st. louis
motto
let's just say I think Murphy was a goddamn genius
most recent writeup
Mark Twain
Send private message to rara avis

I am a 24 year-old chick from Montclair, New Jersey. I like to read and write, and I play the classical guitar.
Someday I'm going to play some sweet rock n'roll, though, and someday I'm gonna play the blues.

I grew up on classic rock (I went through a phase in which "Zeppelin or Silence" was my motto) though for the last year or so I've been listening to much more indie rock and electronic music. Some of my favorites will have to be noded later. I also like hip-hop, jazz, blues, and classical music. The Koln Concert by Keith Jarrett should be heard and loved by all.

I fear that I am the only one here who doesn't know shit for technology.
Without E2 HTML Tags who knows what would have become of me.

I read the dictionary for fun. I collect (often absurdly useless) words. Mock me if you will, but how else would I have known the true joys of a postprandial cigarette?
(or the glory of referring to one with impeccable precision, anyway).

I love Kurt Vonnegut and Richard Brautigan. A lot.

I like to be told when I'm wrong.
I like to make fun of myself.
Really, though, I'll make fun of just about any damn thing.

feel free to /msg me, I am nice. It will be chill. And there will be cloth napkins.