2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

Directed by: John Singleton (Boyz N The Hood, Shaft)
Written by: Michael Brandt & Derek Haas
Genre: Action, Driving, Heist

Cast: Paul Walker, Tyrese as Tyrese Gibson, Eva Mendes, Cole Hauser, Devon Aoki, Ludacris as Cris "Ludacris" Bridges

Plot:
After the events of the first movie, Brian O'Conner (Walker) is now stripped of his badge, on the run and living in Miami. When he's arrested during an illegal street race, the police offer to wipe his record clean if he helps US Customs to bring down shady import-export dealer Carter Verone (Hauser). He teams up with ex-con pal Roman Pierce (Tyrese) and undercover agent Monica Clemente Monica Clemente (Mendes) to go undercover to transport a shipment of dirty money for Verone.

Rating: PG-13 (MPAA), M15+ (OFLC)

Preview:
Alright, I'll be honest with you guys. I wasn't actually expecting (them to seriously consider making) a sequel to The Fast And The Furious. But it looks like they have, albeit without the return of Vin Diesel or original director Rob Cohen. Instead they've decided to start without him because, let's face it, the real stars of the original movie were the cars. With John "Shaft" Singleton and a relocation to Miami, 2 Fast 2 Furious (I really would have just gone with "The Fast And The Furious 2" because, let's face it, the current title does look rather stupid) has decided to forge a new path with a money heist/undercover sting plot.

After watching the trailer available on Yahoo! Movies, I must say I'm impressed. The photography looks good (well, as well as a Windows Media stream over a 56k modem will allow), the characters look good (hip-hop artist Tyrese seems to be having a ball in his role as ex-con Roman Pierce), there are oodles of seriously beefy rice burners and generally the movie seems to have the same aura of pulp fiction fun that made the first one so enjoyable. Watch near the end to see what looks to be a Ford SVT Mustang Cobra get crushed under the wheels of a semi-trailer. Ouch.

Release Date: June 6, 2003 (US)

Sequel to: The Fast And The Furious (2001)

Links:
IMDB page - http://us.imdb.com/Title?0322259
Yahoo! Movies - http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808403981&intl=us

Source:
IMDB
Yahoo! Movies

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.