Cascades is an environmentally conscious company founded by Bernard Lemaire, with the help of his brothers Laurent and Alain, in Kingsey Falls, Quebec in 1964. Operating out of Canada, it is now among the largest manufacturers of paper products in North America. They specialize in packaging, tissue paper, and other specialized paper. Cascades' products are usually marketed under a generic brand name. has work centers around the world located in Canada, the United States, France, England, Germany, and Sweden.

The important family principle of recycling led to a company that gets 97% of its pulp from recycled sources. The company also refrains from using chlorine to bleach its products. Recycling experience, innovative de-inking technology, and sustained R&D has given them an edge over the competition and put and end to the excuse that environmentally friendly companies cannot be successful. Their stock is traded under the symbol CAS in the Toronto Stock Exchange.

Important Figures
Revenue (2003): 2492.50 M
Revenue Growth (1 yr): 16.50%
Employees (2003): 15,400
Employee Growth (1 yr): 9.20%

Important People
Chairman: Bernard Lemaire
President, CEO, and Director: Alain Lemaire
VP and CFO: Christian Dubé

Subsidiaries and Affiliates
Cascades Boxboard Group Inc.
Cascades S.A.
Cascades Tissue Group Inc.
Norampac Inc.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.