Happy Saint Tib's Day!

I have had an account on e2 for more than 23 years, which is almost a third of my life. It has come to feel like home to me, I've gained friends here, been informed, educated and entertained, and in turn have done my best to return the favour. During this time I have belched 670 writeups into the, nodegel, ranging from the banal through the stupid, from my opinions to some interesting factuals and (very occasional) fiction. Oh, and some terrible poetry.

Someone recently asked me which of my works are my favourites. I have to cite L. Ron Hubbard as possibly my favourite piece, simply because of how satisfying it was to finish without being murdered by angry Scientologists. Following that, everything I wrote for 2023's Iron Noder Quest, which are listed at wertperch's Iron Nodes 2023. There's nothing there that I am less than 100% proud of.

I'd like to thank you all for being part of this wonderful place, I enjoy reading you all for the most part, and I enjoy telling you as much. I enjoy sending notes if I enjoy something I read because I want you to understand that someone bloody well read what you took time to think of and type out. Some of you I have met, one of you I married (the wonderful grundoon) and I have no regrets.

But it's time to give you some news—in April I intend to run another Lie Quest writing challenge, and I'd love for all of you to write about your favourite lies, liars, mythologies or what-have-you that fits under the heading of LYING and TALL TALES. For my part, I have been challenged to write of Donald Trump, so you've got that to look forward to. Don't be expecting a great biography, because I despise him even more than L.Ron Fabulist (another great liar!). I also want to thank and give homage to my maternal grandfather, who was a great storyteller in his own way.

Meanwhile, have a great Saint Tib's Day! Enjoy your hot dog and Dr. Pepper, and have a safe, sane and happy March!


xclip -o | wc -w
359

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.