Genre

Jazz/blues, but better known for previous Hard Rock / Heavy Metal career.

Bio/History

Still known as Canada's Metal Queen. Born: Karen Lynn Greening in Belleville, Ontario, Canada. She adopted the name Lee Aaron when she joined a band with that name as backup singer and keyboardist. In 1984 she signed with Attic Records, who issued the studio album Metal Queen, the video for which was one of the first in heavy rotation on the fledgling MuchMusic channel.

Sometime after 1992's Powerline, a Best Of, she dropped the false name. She has since moved to the west coast, and re-adopted the moniker, now performing jazz and blues oriented music. (At time of writing, you can here the latest albums at her site (external link).)

Lee and her husband John are have two children together, a girl and a boy.

Known for

Awards

This info from leeaaron.com

Discography

  • 1982: The Lee Aaron Project
  • 1984: Metal Queen
  • 1984: Lee Aaron (Reissue of The Lee Aaron Project)
  • 1985: Call of the Wild
  • 1987: Lee Aaron (What again? No, it's a new album. Honest.)
  • 1989: Bodyrock
  • 1992: Powerline
  • 1994: Emotional Rain
hiatus
  • 2000: Slick Chick
  • 2004: Beautiful Things

Trivia:

She posed nude for the adult magazine OUI in 1984.

Contemporaries and influences

Cancelled a planned tour opening for Blue Oyster Cult in 1985 to headline her own tour. Pity, she and Buck Dharma are about the same size.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.